Steel cage microscript lettering challenge

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
:beatup::beatup:

This morning, just before breakfast, I engraved the entire King James version of the bible, as it was translated from the original Hebrew, complete with references and index, on the head of a pin using a fly's hair split in half as a graver.

Oh yeah, if anyone's interested, I used old English as the font just to keep it authentic looking and my only magnification was an 1.5 optivisor.

My apologies in advance for the poor quality photo but unfortunately my camera is not really up to the task as you can see.

Cheers
Andrew

PS. I was thinking of illuminating the headings but that would have just been a bit of overkill :)

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Someone will tell me, where to buy a such ruler with oversized dimensions

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
PB190185.jpg PB190188.jpg This is as small as I can go, but I guess I'll have to give it another try. The capitol is .6mm and lowercase .3mm.

You can't come up with this stuff in the summer can you, noooooo... it has to be around Christmas;)
Sam It's amazing how acurate you can cut at such a small size. This is not easy cutting so small.

Last edited:

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew
That's amazing great stuff did you engraver the pictures as well, I like the one of moses coming down of the mount with the bright rays of sun behind hope you gold inlay the would make it really jump out.
and that fly hair was that a fruit fly or one of those big New Zealand dung fly's you know the one's that spread out like a winged keel should stop the heeling action as you get near the roll on edge of that pinhead :banana:;):banana:
Ray

p.s if it was the latter I would keep quite our friends across the water may think your cheating!!!!!

Last edited:

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Gargoyle
If you can post the photo's of that I am sure Sam and even Andrew and the rest of us will call this thread closed.
Go for it!!!!
ray
P.S which will you use:graver::hammer::handpiece:

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Gargoyle
thanks for posting the photo is amazing and the photo is so clear.
who's going to beat that!!:banana::banana::banana:

Sam are you going to improve on this???:biggrin:

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
This morning, just before breakfast, I engraved the entire King James version of the bible, as it was translated from the original Hebrew, complete with references and index, on the head of a pin using a fly's hair split in half as a graver.

Oh yeah, if anyone's interested, I used old English as the font just to keep it authentic looking and my only magnification was an 1.5 optivisor.

My apologies in advance for the poor quality photo but unfortunately my camera is not really up to the task as you can see.

Is it just me, or is page 5 really missing?! Come on Andrew, attention to detail... please!!! ;)

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Okay, I just cut the word ENGRAVER (not script just block) and it fits between the 1/64 lines on my ruler. Don't know how I'm going to photograph it though, LOL!!! Oh, and that's using a standard 115º graver not something fancy made especially for the job.

Last edited:

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Block doesn't really count though does it. I've just been messing with script and making tools and you know what? I haven't time for this.....Alfano you're an absolute git. LOL!!! Script'll have to wait

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished, and delivered a rush job. Two sets of block initials, one on each side of a bar 1.5mm wide, across the inside of a platinum ring. The initials were about .75mm each. They didn't want them extending to the 3mm wide outer rails. Could only see a disruption with my eyes, using my glasses. Even looked small with a 10X loupe, but the dealer was thrilled. I didn't mess up the 2 cts of pave' on the outside of the shank, or the 3 ct round diamond center. Smallest engraving I've ever done. Thank goodness I just got my DeCamillis inside ring engraving holder!
Not script I know, but what a pain anyway. Touch the platinum and it's a scratch.

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
And there I thought I done well getting down to 2 mm..... long ways to go yet and I best buy some reading glasses for my seeing eye dog ;)

Peter

Sponsors