practice knife

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jacques

WOW!!!! Chris has done a magnificent job!!!! It has really enhanced what is already a superb peice of engraving.

My hat goes off to both of you. An excellent collaborative effort.
Cheers
Andrew

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques,

Thank you for your emails, and I am glad the disc of my Reno pictures reached you safely!

It is clear from these postings that you have created a major earth tremor in the engraving world, and the splendid pictures are a treat for us.

The next thing you need to do when you want to take a break is to come on over and visit us?

I will put my offer in early, I have a nice workshop, with apartment for pals, looking over the California Pacific, and it would be great to see you here for a visit and some shop talk. You would be welcome! Ask Andrew, he was just here. Hey, Jordi, that goes for you, too, if you feel like a change of pace?

best

Rod

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Guys,
Thanks for the good words,!!

A Small tale to Tell: When Jacques phoned me to find out how the folder is coming on,?
I told him that it will still be a day or Two,? as I didn't like the depth of his engraving and are just touching it Up!!:D
You Could hear a Pin Drop.:eek: and Then Ya O.K. !! I couldn't help taking the mickey out of him.:p
That will teach him to pic on my Bunny Slippers!!!:p

Seriously, to actually hold this piece and look at it under the scope is really aw inspiring.
Well done my good friend.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Absolutely beautiful. Here I am struggling to make a few chicken scratches and thinking why even bother. Thanks to both of you for sharing your work, it is truely fantastic.

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Guys,
Thanks for the good words,!!

A Small tale to Tell: When Jacques phoned me to find out how the folder is coming on,?
I told him that it will still be a day or Two,? as I didn't like the depth of his engraving and are just touching it Up!!
You Could hear a Pin Drop. and Then Ya O.K. !! I couldn't help taking the mickey out of him.
That will teach him to pic on my Bunny Slippers!!!

Seriously, to actually hold this piece and look at it under the scope is really aw inspiring.
Well done my good friend.
OoooH!!! That was CRUEL Chris!!
But funny

South Africans have a cruel sense of humor.

Fantastic you two. Teamwork makes the Dream work.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Chris,
Your web site looks great, and you did a big change to Jacques Knife, What a team Ya'll could make...
You make some special knives that would be a Great gift and your price's are Great...
Hope you can come to Monteagle, TN for the "engrave-in" after the Blade Show in Atlanta, Ga...

Jerry

Last edited:

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
If been looking .. and looking ... looking at this knife. It is just SOOOO beautiful.

I have a question. What do you more knowledgeable friends think a knife like this is worth? (If you can ever put a price to such a piece) Just wondering:confused: