practice knife

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... beats his head against wall........

Jacques, this is fanstastic ..... The only flaw I see is I wish you had let me send you a knife worthy of this fantastic work that you could sell quickly.

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
Okay -- just a minute . . . .
Alright I'm back. I just went down and threw my tools out!!!

That is one nice piece of work Jauqes. What a pleasure it is to be on this forum with you men and women -- even though it is a might intimidating.

Santo

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Jacques,
What Did I tell You !!!!! my Friend!! again Awsome!!

To The Other Guys, He Has a Folder from Me, That I still have to See??
He Says He still wan'ts to Practice Some??:D

He Must send Me This One For a Damascus Blade,!!! I wonder if I should send it Back?:cool:

He Hasn't got a day time Job!!;) He Sleeps in the day, and works at Night!!:p

I must Really go for a Practice Course with Him,!!!!

Groete,
ChrisB

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
I spoke to Jacques yesterday on the phone. He is such a friendly, humble and pleasant person. Got to have a good attitude to do such exquisite engraving. I want him to do a Mauser floor plate for us. But he wants to "practice" first. I think I'll send him a plate and let him "practice" at my cost. His practice will be better than most engraver's BEST efforts in SA.

Jacques, I just want to say to you what someone told me one day when I underscored my work. He said: Don't be so humble, ... you are not THAT great":eek: He gave me a wake-up call. Though I still underscore my work. Must be an "African thing":confused:

Thanks for the good advise you gave me yesterday. You are going to become very busy. Bless you!!!

I agree, .... Please "mock" us some more, we love it.:D

Dan Grubaugh

Looks awsome!! I too like the background treatments you do. How long have you been "practicing"?
Keep up the good work and keep sharing it with us!
Dan Grubaugh

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The more I look at Jacques' engraving on this knife the more spellbound I am with his design. It's a marvelous example of out-of-the-box thinking. It doesn't appear heavily influenced by another engraver, and is original, fresh, and unique.

Every once in awhile an engraver comes around who raises the benchmark. As an example, many of us were happily engraving hobo nickels until Steve Adams came on the scene and ruined everything! I say that jokingly because from that point on, every coin carving was judged as to how it compared to Steve's work. He pretty much redefined what was considered to be the 'best'. Everyone else had to kick it up a notch or two or be left by the wayside. Then coin carver Billzach started kicking butt and taking names with refreshing subjects and flawless execution.

It wasn't that long ago that Jacques was posting photos of his practice plates which were very well done, and then THIS beautiful knife comes off his bench. Heads up knife engravers! If Jacques starts cranking out jobs like this, we'll all be scrambling to stay out of his wake.

Jacques, I sincerely hope that you'll join us at Grandmasters someday.

~Sam

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Jacques,
How may ways can you say Fanstastic, Fanstastic, Fanstastic!!!???
Thanks for showing...
Jerry

finn

Elite Cafe Member
very nice lay out i like the back ground it all has a nice flow to it and the gold inlay is simple but stunning nice work

santos

Elite Cafe Member
What a beautiful work coming from South Africa :eek:

Congratulations.

It’s a little diamond you have set on the bottom of the map, isn’t it ?

Thanks for your engravings Jacques

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Jacques,
What could I possibly add to what the others have said? You have come a long way in such a short time. I'd be proud to have that work on one of my knives. :)

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
The more I look at Jacques' engraving on this knife the more spellbound I am with his design. It's a marvelous example of out-of-the-box thinking. It doesn't appear heavily influenced by another engraver, and is original, fresh, and unique.
~Sam
This is so true. I also keep on going back. There is just something in the design that fasinates.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques, I keep finding myself going back to look at this knife. You've done an outstanding job. I only wish it wasn't on a kit knife :D Like someone was leaning towards in an earlier reply, your practicing days are over my friend. Your work is beautiful enough for any item worthy of being engraved in my opinion. Like Sam said, your design is setting new standards. Thanks for posting! Dwayne

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques
I think Sam summed it up quit well, the more I study it the more fascinating and precise it truly is.
Great work.

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
other side of practice knife

[/IMG]

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques, wonderful execution over again and I love the overall design. However IMHO, the center oval, while a very neat design,and again very well executed is kindof anti-climatic after that fablous world scene you did on the other side.

But overall wow wow wow

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
Auww,
There it is,

Iff I could I'd quit my job, ask my wife to come with me (if not, deforce or something), go to Africa and have you train me as an engraver!
Ofcourse I can not do all that.:mad:

Stunning!