practice knife

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
here is a practice knife i made from a knife kit.its stainless steel with 22kt inlay and is 85mm long with a small diamond.your comments are welcomed.:eek:
[/IMG]

Last edited:

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
This is absolutely stunning! You have worked out an excellent kind of engraving style. And technically, as much as I can see, flawless.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'd leave some comments per your request but this work leaves me speechless. Beautiful job in your signature style! That's one I'd like to own.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wish you'd put together a tutorial on those fantastically ALIVE background treatments. Especially this one; how'd you do it?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Absolutely positively fantastic in every way. Brilliant design and execution. Wow!!!!
Bravo, complimente!!

pierre

Elite Cafe Member
hello jacques,
it's a realy beautifull engraving the design is like an old jules vernes book cover, fantastic.
but what i prefer is the way that you use the lining technique to give the relief ( with the world and the circles)
have a nice day other there pierre

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Once again, although I don't mention it often, I am in awe and in envy of the displayed talent. The knife and gun engravers here make a die engraver like me wish I had started out in your trade years ago.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's a good thing that this was just a "practice knife", so you didn't destroy a really "good" knife! I would be willing to take this off your hands, just so you wouldn't have to be reminded of all the "flaws" that are so obvious! I'm obviously jealous! Phenominal! Your sense of design is flawless, as is your technique! Your originallity and stylistic approach to the often ignored backgrounds is, in my opinion, what sets you far above most engravers, even some who have been around for quite a while. This is not to diminish the overall design elements. They all have to work together to create such a work of art. I too would welcome a tutorial on the "optical interferance" type background and how you cut it.

Keep up the fantastic work,

Mark

Keep it up

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Jaques~ I would say that your days of practice plates, practice knives, practice guns and any other practice object you can name, are pretty much at a flat out finish...... Absolutely spectacular and astonishing work!

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow Jacques! Just beautiful. I love the background treatments and the overall design and layout are wonderful. Keep it up! Congratulations on another great project.

Jon C. Dake

You need to give up your day job and do this for real. That is as pretty an engraving job as I have ever seen. "Incredible" is the word that comes to mind.

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
If only one day I could practise like that!!!!
I agree with the "you are mocking us!"
Your work is practising like the top of atheleets trying to knock of the last one hundredsd of a second on the 5000 meters.

Absolutly briljant!

Please "mock" us some more!:D

Daniel

Latest posts

Sponsors