practice knife

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques, Absolutely stunning, the more I look at it the more I want to look at, this is what they're talking about when they say Eye Candy! :D Dwayne

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques, It's stunning. I love the fact that the more I look at it the more I want to look at it! :)

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Jaques,
I must say that this is a very well done job! Unique in design and flawless execution. We all know that there is absolutely no room for error in geometrical structures.You can be proud of this knife!

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques, some one mentioned "your trade" in previous comments and now I am curious. What is your trade if you are not an engraver? How did you do this process? Is there machining in it, or is it done with hand tools. It is exquisite! ..............Help me to understand.....Ron S

It is beautiful no doubt. It looks like perfection to me.

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
here are some progress pics.hope they help

[/IMG]

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's world class engraving. Stunning perfection with a very unforgiving pattern. You have what it takes, Jacques, and certainly have earned my respect and admiration. / ~Sam

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacques,

Thank you for your kind reply to my email!

Maybe it is because I am a Celt, that I disagree with my good colleague, Scott, but I find this back design to again be exquisite. Such a knot pattern would have wowed the monks who illuminated the Book of Kells as they sat in the cold damp cells on Iona in Scotland, penning their celtic knot patterns to illuminate the gospels. That's right, the Book of Kells, now in Ireland, was made in Iona, Scotland. It is fitting you made Africa in heavy gold on your world map, because your art and execution are serving to add a strong gravitational force inflecting the center of gravity of the knife world toward your continent.

Well done!

Rod

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now That's What I'm Talking About! That's the stuff right there! AWESOME! Jacques, you done good by getting Chris to rework the knife, That made all the difference in the world. You're work is way too clean & perfect to be on just anything. Thanks for posting your Awesome work! God has truly gifted you Sir! Dwayne

pierre

Elite Cafe Member
hi jacques what a beautifull work and desing, your cut is so precise :eek:
35 years ago, a talanted italian change the way of engraving (fracassi) I have no doubt, if you keep on, you will change the way too.
before i see you're work, i had doubt about the pneumatic system but know you change a part of my opinion.
you're playing with the shadows ( lining technique not the dot one) like no other.
congratulation it's already a master work.
have a nice day
pierre

Dan Grubaugh

Jacques,

That is magnificant!!! I can't beleive that I missed your post of the other side back in January! The new blade really compoiments it! Mr. Chris has also done a wonderful job on the file work! Great job fellas. Thanks for posting!
Dan Grubaugh