• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,545
Last edited:

Ishokenmei

Slowly but surely I am getting my bench completed. I hope to start practicing more and more this year! I have been waiting for this drill press for about a year and a half. Finally got it installed tonight.

axeman11

My Engraving Pod

I spent the other day in the shop building my engraving station. I don't have a dedicated room so I designed a station that has the ability to be moved to any room in the house but still have mass and sturdiness. I really liked the idea of the drill press stand as a solid, heavy base for the vise. Instead of incorporating the stand into a table, I incorporated a table into the stand. Here are some pictures of what i have come up with. The way things worked out, weight is centered on the base very well and is very stable. I store whichever vise I am not using on the pedestal below to add to the mass. At the lowest setting, the bottom of the vise jaws stand proud of the table. Larger objects can be mounted in the vise and swing over the table and if need be, the microscope can be mounted on a separate outboard boom and the table cleared for long barreled rifles (if i ever get to that point). I went this route because I liked the setup that Barry Lee Hands has. I am looking to get a small rolling tool cabinet to keep the associated tools out of sight but within easy reach. This setup is in the front room now so I'd like to keep it organized and neat. I move it using furniture sliders and have had an easy time of sliding it around to find a suitable home. I hope this is of help to anyone needing a space solution. It works for me. IMG_0748.jpg IMG_0746.jpg IMG_0745.jpg IMG_0750.jpg

mrthe

Very Nice Arnaud! The police in front of is like an insurance more hehehe.

This is my new one,i'm moved from Barcelona to a little town near the ocean in the North of Spain,now i work in my house in the attic hehehe,is a semi build part of the house,i have lost my little shop in the center of Barcelona but i have gained 2800 Mt of garden and a beautyfull beach at 5 minutes walking.

This are the engraving benchs:

204418_4507501926360_206522375_o.jpg

221240_4507503566401_1977752344_o.jpg

and in the other corner the jewelery ones :

285837_4440389808599_313770532_o.jpg

Last edited:

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
Nothing fancy or vintage here. Just a home made workbench full of tools in place of the usual bachalor apartment furnishings. Engraving bench doubles as a jewelry workbench, and triples as a knife making workbench, and from time to time a dining room table.
before...
CRW_7292.jpg

durring...
IMG_7234.jpg

after.
0926120302.jpg

axeman11

Mrthe and Oiseau.

Mrthe. Beautiful space. Nice exposed brick. Looks quaint. Did you build the benches yourself or are they store bought? Very heavy duty looking. Good luck with your new place. Oiseau you seem to be be working from home too. This seems an ideal situation. Do you both have day jobs as well or is engraving your livelihood?

mrthe

Hi axeman11 thank you,the benchs are bought in a jewelery store supply ,are the classics (heare in europe i don't know in USA ) jeweler bench ,the one to te left and a stone setter bench,the one to the right.

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
axeman11.............. i made mine. in the pics is bench versoion 3.2.
ill be setting up at a festival on the 6th so it will get a cleaning and i can get pics of how it breaks down. i built it to be mobile, yet sturdy... even without the screws in place.

yes i work from my apartment, and no other day job... i mostly work at night.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Axeman11, I really like that set up, and am thinking of something similar, but have another 2 cabinets for tools etc...not to mention mt other bench, the jewelers one. It currently is on a treadle sewing machine base, and while it looks cool to the customers, it bounces when I cut.
I like yours too, Myrthe. Are you near Caldetas? We spent a glorious 2 week vacation there when I was 10...54 years ago, and I still remember the beautiful, crystal clear water.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Great fun looking at all the workshops :)

I`ll add mine, the microscope & microblock are a fairly new addition. A shelf fixed under the original "cutout" solved the problem & created a nice recess for catching stones & gold bits.

take-down

Elite Cafe Member
May as well add mine to the thread
Took me about a year to build just using scrap left over from jobs
The table spins around so I have a choice of 4 work surfaces. the table platform has 2 1/2" (65mm) adjustment & each table has the same independently
The microscope is mounted on a camera tripod head I got in a garage sale for $2 and modified the slide blocks are lined with Teflon bushes.
I mounted a 19" TV with DVD player built in so I can watch all the instructional DVDs
It suits my needs and small work area I have
Enjoy
Cheers Graham

mrthe

Great fun looking at all the workshops :)

I`ll add mine, the microscope & microblock are a fairly new addition. A shelf fixed under the original "cutout" solved the problem & created a nice recess for catching stones & gold bits.
Hi Gemsetterchris,very nice bench wich type of microblock and ring holder is this one in your photo?
Nice Bench too take-down!