Welcome back

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, Abigail,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I was going through with drawels.
Sandy

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ahhh, good to have it back! :banana:

I figured it had to be pretty much what it turned out to be - serious upgrades. Didn't think about a server move being involved. When it took more than two days I should have though.

Looking good so far, looking forward to the future. :thumbs up:

Edited to add: looks like the 'regular' Fega member icon has moved. I'll have to update my profile. I'm thinking it's moved from it's old spot -
Code:
http://www.igraver.com/forum/gallery/photoplog/images/1/1_fega_member.gif
to somewhere in the EngravingCafe world.

Edited (again) to add - Yep -
Code:
www.engraverscafe.com/images/misc/fega_member.gif
is what you need to drop into your signature.

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is so good to have the Engravers Cafe' back. It is a significant contribution to the worldwide community of hand engravers.:tiphat:

Roger

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am a little late in adding my congratulations, Sam, and Colleagues,

For your swift, yet enlightened, relaunch of the forum with a new look, some new technological improvements, yet still retaining copious amounts of generous, goodhearted offerings of advice, work related banter, and camaraderie.

I promise to abide by all rules of good behavior, and will refrain from exchanging jokes regarding Scotsmen and Englishmen with John B, although I do notice it is still open house in cracking jokes about Scots bagpipes. I do sympathize, as most American pipers do play out of tune. Not quite true actually. A man who repeatedly lifts top medals at the piping competitions in Scotland is Eric Rigler:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rigler

In fact, Eric is a Southern Californian born surfer!

I may like the pipes, yet it did not get any better than sitting down with Weldon and son, Bill, at Reno, joined by Fred, Sam, Abigail, Roger B, John Gunn, Stan, Scott, piano players, harmonizers, walk-in fiddlers, and more. The music was home spun, very good, and we got to have a try on Sam W's new hand made guitars and uke, all beautifully engraved. We did miss Liz and Ron Smith, Marcus, Winston Churchill and others!

I embarrassed myself by appearing with a stitched up wound ( actually, the hospital super glued me rather than sewing). How I got the wound was very boring, but the imagined stories proffered by 200 colleagues were all very creative. I think the best was that I got to drinking too much moonshine with a red-haired bearded Irishman, and we picked a fight over what was better, Jamieson or Glenlivet, staggered out into the street to settle the issue, bleary eyed, I put my head down and charged, and by mistake tried to punch out a fire hydrant.

Rod

Last edited:

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod, I did pine for the Reno Reunion. Maybe next year.
Sorry about the wound. I myself have actually witnessed the aftermath of "the best single malt Scotch" argument. My grandfather always tried to make the case for his Glenfiddich.
Maybe the next time we pal around, I can loan you my "Tilted Kilt" narrative. Hoot mon!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

Indeed you were missed, for your good cheer and your good rhythm! You and I will have no feuds over Glenfiddich, it will be my treat to pour you a dram or two when next we buddy around, and I get to hear more stories from you, a man with lots of Scots DNA in his heritage!

best

Rod

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
I take it Sam that the picture gallery will eventuallly come back on line. I sure it's really big is size and probable takes up a lot of room. Thanks for keeping
the cafe going.
Jim

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Jim. The Gallery software (a separate product) required an upgrade to work with the upgraded forum software. There are some glitches in the upgrade that I'm working to fix. It requires a lot of time and I'm going as fast as I can. The good news is that all of the images are present and accounted for. The bad news is it's a pain getting everything back in order.

Small forum upgrades can be difficult, but this one was a major upgrade and re-write of the vBulletin software, making many third party plugins incompatible as well as templates and settings from the old forum no longer working. And to make things even more difficult, the move to a private server also presented some challenges. But we're up and running and looking pretty good. Hang tight as I work to get our Gallery back in order :)