Welcome back

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
While the Cafe was closed for a much needed cooling off and rest period, Abigail and I decided to do some much needed changes and upgrades.

1.) Please read the FAIR WARNING sticky at the top of the page. It's self explanatory and not up for comments, debate, or discussion.

2.) My hosting company has been very tolerant of the fact that our database has been over 5x the allowed limit for a long time, and they have been urging me to relocate to a private server at 5x the cost. We have made the move. We're still in the same building and just one rack over, but we have more room and bandwidth allowances now. Our amazing growth comes with its own set of challenges which we are determined to meet. We will soon announce how we plan to generate money to pay the monthly hosting fees. Stay tuned.

3.) Last year I purchased the domain EngraversCafe.com from another party. We no longer reside under the iGraver.com domain, but the Cafe still remains closely associated with the Mother Ship that started it all - iGraver.com.

4.) vBulletin software upgrade to 4.1.1 is what you're seeing now. There are many enhancements and features, many of which I'm not familiar with yet. Bear with me as we all learn the new features and look and feel together. The logo will be back asap and there are other things that will be fixed very soon.

As Andrew stated, the Cafe is bigger than any one of us. It's an important and vital link in the worldwide hand engraving community. Please work with us to keep it the peaceful and informative place it's famous for.

Sam & Abigail Alfano

yxrancher

Dear Sam and Abigail,

I am so glad you are back. Your labor of love is such a truly wonderful space for the exchange of ideas, encouragement, mentoring and it is a friendship factory!

Best Wishes,

John Vance

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad it's back up. Hope it's not be necessary to close it in the future. It's a very valuable tool. Thanks Sam

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Yep! Same here. It's good to have the Cafe back again. That was a long few days... just about had withdrawal symptoms going on here. I was gone getting a new hip and came back to no Cafe! Ouch! Let's don't do that again please. :)

mrthe

Good choice upgrade to vbulettin 4.1.1 if you need help with some feature contact me i have experience with vbulletin 4.1.1 ;)

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
Good to see the forum is back.

Thank you Sam and Abigail for all you are putting into this.

Peter

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Sam You’re the Man! And with Abigail by your side, Show me anybody that can stop this bus, Keep rolling it is important to all of us in the engraving world.

Cheers

"VAN"

BES

Elite Cafe Member
I congratulate management and all participants!
I waited a long time and finally it happened!
We are together again!

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Only a few days ago i lost something ... good things are coming back, it was worth, to wait for them ... happy again!

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ah finaly... I didn't like the empty Café, it was boring......
Congratulations with the re-opening and the upgrade !!!
Willem

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic to have you back Sam & Abigail! I must admit to suddenly feeling at a loss when I found the Cafe was closed. This forum has really helped the engraving world extend the hand of friendship to one another. So friends don't always agree 100% with each other but that doesn't mean we have to fall out over things, differing opinions add flavour to the conversation in my view. Long live The Engraver's Café and many thanks to all who work tirelessly to keep it running!

Latest posts

Sponsors