Reno Jan, 2008 FEGA show

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
I'm sure this has already been answered before. What are the dates for the Jan. 2008 show in Reno? I am less than a two hour drive and sure would like to enjoy looking at all the talent!

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
The actual show runs 25th, 26th, and 27th. On 28th there are three seminars.
Hope to see you there.

Jim

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mary booked our room and flight several months ago and we got a pretty good deal on the flight. She used to work for a travel agency and learned some of the airlines "tactics" and deals while there. My screen name may need to be changed....my doctor put me on some new medication and I'm starting to fade away! See you all there, and Rex, if you need any help totin' or haulin' stuff, let me know. This is my first visit and I'll do what needs to be done just to be able to be in the same room with all the talent that will be there.

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
I just booked a room for the show and was told that all of the non-smoking were gone (my wife was not happy about this). They apparently have a proceedure, however, to sanitize the smell in the room. You have to leave the room for an hour and request the procedure.
By the way, is there a fee for the seminars on Monday, or do you have to sign up for them??

Les Schowe

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty, I'll be watching for you. Yves, it will be good to see you again. It sounds like this will be the largest fega show ever what with all the rooms selling out this far in advance. Rex will be super happy. I'm sure looking forward to the show and seeing old friends.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The seminars are open to any and all. No fee. You don't have to be a member. We do ask that the tomato throwing be limited to Marty's seminar.:D Those on the front row will naturally have the best shot.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Lee, hold the 'matoes.
As an ex (not old ) spud grower ya sure know that 'tater bug eaten spuds work better'n 'matoes.
And smell worse, too.

PS. Word has it that you usta be good at smuggling these things!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sounds like a great group! Big-Un, we always need help around the show! Around the FEGA table or with the banquet thing. And we'll need someone to bring the tomatoes in to the seminar....
Marty... I know where you live!
:)
I was assured there was quite a few rooms in our block but I did not check about the non-smoking thing. I would check back later just in case. Sometimes I think the reservation people at these places are not the smartest people in the world.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Throwing tomatoes or other vegetables at a fellow engraver is childlish and foolish and I personally will not engage in such juvenile behavior. Rubber bands, spitballs, and pea-shooters are much more fun!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam...we are a gun engraving guild..beware..we rubber band and spit ball back.

It should be a great gathering as always

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
heheheheh I still have Idaho connections. Befor I entered the witness protection program I dealt in spudsand otherrelated.......

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Nothing like an Idaho seeing eye spud, Lee.
They work just like a smart bomb.
Right on target. Bring 'um on.
Ya ain't right after ya get whacked up side the head by one of these.

PS. Don't hardly matter in this case, Uncle Marty ain't been right for years anyway.

Last edited:

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Isn't that what Mom always said ya become if you used Pea shooters. A Idaho seeing spud.

Yes I remember the 1959 pea shooter wars that went on the whole summer.
I also remember the crop of beans on the front lawn in 1960 in the middle of Detroit, the next year.
I wonder if the ban for life from having pea shooters is still in effect?

Jim

autumnwinds44

Will Sam and Abigal be singing at the FEGA show as they did at the Grand Masters? From what was said they are wonderful, want to be a fly on the wall for this.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Years ago I learned that Mr. John B. can lose all sagacity. His since of humor could get him and others into trouble very quickly. In January of this year I sat next to him during Andrews talk. I had to watch him like a hawk. He kept looking into a bag that smelled and had black blobs in it. I thought for a second he was going to through something at Andrew. I will sit with him during this up coming event and try not to become influenced by him so I can be the quiet attentive student that he knows me to be.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Thanks, Sandy.
Someone has to keep order.
And I think you are just the man for the job.
That old, hard D.I. look you can put on brings a chill to the spine!!!!

Very best to you my dear friend, it was great visiting with you at the GMP.
John B.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sandy

Really looking forward to seeing you again in Reno.

Yeah.........when I saw John's bag I was worried when I gave my talk.

As it turns out it wasn't a problem. John really had smelling salts in the bag to stay awake while I was talking!!!! :D

Cheers
Andrew

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thought John had a NZ language translator in there to figure out what you were saying!!!!
:)
Tira, I would borrow that whip to keep these folks in line but I'm afraid I would take my ear off.

Latest posts

Sponsors