Reno Jan, 2008 FEGA show

James Wark

Hello All,
I just made my reservations for Reno at the Silver Legacy. They only have 8 rooms left in the FEGA block with the special rate. Dont wait to long to get your room if you plan on going. Who from the forum will be there, sure would be great to meet all of you there.
Jim

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hey jim .. be sure to stop by my table and say hello and look at the colts that i have just finished .. see you there .. ron p
jim .. where are you flying out of ..

James Wark

Hi Ron,

I will be sure to stop, its been 3 years since my last show. I will be flying from Elmira NY if everything goes well, if not maybe Phila or Binghamton NY.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I did some checking with the Silver Legacy and there is more than 8 rooms left but they are selling fast. You must use the code FEGE08 to get the resrvations. As far as I know they are sold out for many of the nights unless you use this code.

James Wark

Hi Rex,

I called this morning and was told only 9 rooms, all are smoking rooms. I booked one so that left 8, I guess it doesnt matter, but I would of preferred a non smoking room. I also used the fege08 code. I am sure they will fill up fast not that its getting close. Hope all is well, its been 2 years since I was at your GRS class. I do have a question, is there a time when non displaying members can show items they have engraved, to get some good advise. I know it has been frowned upon to carry around your engraved piece during show hours.
I would not want to break any rules this fine show might have.
Jim

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Jim,
I think there may have been some sort of mix up or really dumb reservation person but I just spent about a half hour on the phone with the SL Convention Director and he assured me we have some rooms yet. Now, as far as non-smoking, I did not ask that. Because of the SCI show most hotels have filled for that weekend however.
As far as bringing in engraved items...
Bringing in practice plates or items like that are fine. You just can't bring in a firearm because of security unless you are a table holder. Getting critique is fine but you can't "freelance" at the show. In other words, show your wares in an effort to get commissions. The show can be busy during the weekend and getting critique from table holders can sometimes be tricky because of the crowds. I'm hoping we will have enough time Monday after the seminars for people to have a "show and tell" session as well in a more relaxed manner.
I hope that clears up any questions and look forward to seeing you again!!
Rex

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be there. You can probable find a room somewhere in Reno if you wait, but the airfare gets
scary if you wait to long. I let it ride for one week and it cost me another $90.00
flying out of Detroit. If you live in the east and plan to go. Make your plane reservation
today.
Jim

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just booked my room at the Legacy and had no problem getting a non-smoking room.

Watch your air fares..........they fluctuate quite a bit and there is the rumor the airlines will be raising their prices due to the increase in the price of oil. There is no easy way to Reno i have found out, especially when I was flying in form NYS when I lived there. Try to get a flight with the least amount of stop overs/changes and look out for very short layover times. When you get there, the Silver Legacy, as do most of the better hotels, have shuttle vans to take you from the airport.

Andrew Biggs

Yip, Just rung the hotel and booked my tickets. No problem with a no smoking room (I smoke, Mary dosn't.....she wins :) )

It's all quite exciting really.....it'll be great to see you all there.

Cheers
Andrew

msar24

I'll be there at the FEGA table. Please stop by and say hello, buy a raffle ticket too. Maybe someone will buy another one for Sam so he can win!

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew I know what you mean. Pam made me book our room before we left in January. She smokes I don't. The room is a smoker.

See you all in January.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I just booked a non smoking King about 09:30 today and no problem, What a deal $105.00...
See Ya'll here...
Jerry

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Are we all going to be wearing our CAFE pins on our collars so as to be recognized?

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Well, I was hoping for a hat. Not that I think we'll have much trouble recognizing each other.
Jim

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Glenn
I'm taking the same flight out to Reno as last year..............maybe bump into you in Salt Lake airport
BTW.......I think all the non-smoking rooms are now sold out at the Legacy

James Wark

My flight is now set. Look forward to meeting you all in Reno. Arriving on thursday staying until tuesday, the seminars monday look outstanding. One great thing about reno you really dont need a car. I would like to take a trip up to my old school in Susanville.

Sponsors