New FEGA show logo

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here are the new FEGA show graphics in both greyscale and color. I sketched it on paper first, then completed the work in Adobe Illustrator. The goal was to make something in the style of the old billheads.

fega_graphic-color.jpg

fega_graphic-greyscale.jpg

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, outstanding. Good logos are hard to do and this one does everyone proud.:clapping:

Sam

Staff member
Thank you all very much :)

I agree that a t-shirt would be really cool. Not sure if FEGA wants to go into the t-shirt business or not.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam,That really is a beautiful logo,I like to see it turned into a decal I would be proud to have it on my window of my car. J.J.

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Sam it's EXCELLENT!
I would be proud to own anything that has the new logo on it. Poster, cup, etc. How about something that you engrave it on as an auction item for Reno? (hint) That of course would dictate Mike roll out a BUNCH of castings for us to sell at the Fega table. (Just thinking out loud)
Thanks for everything you do for the art, the guild, and your students.
Van

Sam

Staff member
Thanks Mike, Van, Tira, JJ and others :)

I agree it'd make a nice decal or coffee cup. Of course that's up to the FEGA board.

From my personal experience t-shirts can be a pain. Having boxes and boxes of t-shirts and packing & shipping is an aggravation unless someone has the time for it. Same with coffee cups. They're heavy, fragile, and you need to order a large quantity (like t-shirts) in order to get them at a good price. Decals or vinyl labels would be much easier and can be mailed for the price of a stamp and envelope.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful art work. I agree Sam, it would make for a simple decal or vinyl label.
Personally I'd like to see it or the FEGA logo made into a rubber stamp to emblazon all of my mailings or they could come up with stationery---I'd buy that!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam
As i said when you first showed me the rough drafts of this new show logo, it is "first class" and so much better than the original idea that you ran by me. I loved your design then and love it even more now.

I also think it is important to mention to the forum members, especially those that are not FEGA members, as to why we designed up a new name and logo for our annual meeting/show.
Starting this year we will not be having our annual show jointly with the ACGG guild. They are opting to do their own thing elsewhere. We have been over the years felt that to some extent our hands were tied as to what we as a guild can and cannot display at the show. Now we are in full control of what can be exhibited and thus the name change to ENGRAVING ARTS. While we are still a Firearms Engraving Guild, we can now open up the exhibit floor to select non firearms forms of engraving. As officers of the guild we are excited about these expanded prospects and feel in time we can have a better, more exciting and diverse exhibit. Many gunmakers will still be exhibiting with us as we do make a perfect pair with our joint skills just as non firearms engraving does. It will take a lot of hard work by the officers and guild members but it will be worth it. This fantastic new name and logo design is just the start.

Thanks again Sam.................:tiphat:

Marty

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
From my personal experience t-shirts can be a pain. Having boxes and boxes of t-shirts and packing & shipping is an aggravation unless someone has the time for it.

The easy way of handling t-shirts is through an online service such as Custom Ink. You upload the graphic, choose the color and type of t-shirt, and then let the membership order out their own. I've done this for years. They have equipment that can produce real ink silk screened type shirts one or one hundred at a time. Excellent quality and service too. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors