Scrimshaw: Need advice! Case XX said I could not put my own artwork on their knives??

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Didn't you read the "Benevolent Dictator" part of Sam's title? If he says it's not engraving it is not engraving,,, boy you new guys. You don't want him sneaking up behind you with a sharp graver do you? Now ask for forgiveness for your indiscretion. You may never hear from the attorney they have what they wanted. Ebay is pulling your auctions, you should ask them for the reason it has been removed. If ebay is removing auctions because 'someone' (attorneys have no power, they are just words) says to without legal paperwork they are the problem. Ask to see a copy of the demand from the attorney, it is probably so broadly worded ebay is confused.

Bob

MrMister

Well I know everyone has their own opinion and sometimes no matter how much it goes back and forth it will never change for either party, so I don't really want to bicker with anyone. So I won't even address that about engraving again. A graver to the back doesn't sound fun either. ;) Well to pull someone's auction, it doesn't even have to be an attorney. If they are in the ebay VERO program, they just file a complaint from that particular ebay item page and never have direct contact with ebay. So basically with ebay's system, they are judge, jury and executioner and you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. I know you all have seen the Lincoln knife I did. Who knows, maybe Case XX has something similar, cause many Lincoln things out there. I highly doubt Case XX is selling lots and lots of nudes on their knives though to confuse with any I've did. This all gives me a headache thinking too much about it. I guess if I don't hear from the attorney or anything constructive from ebay, I'll not relist those knives they pulled or any Case knives in the future, but still where they pulled the Rough Rider knife, that concerns me

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Sam does not bicker, and would never stab anyone in the back. He scalps those who oppose him with a wide flat I believe, very unpleasant. Wow, VERO sounds like the ebay Gestapo, I'd have to read the ebay agreement very carefully before I would use them. If they have threatened to disallow future use of ebay and it means something to you, I'd find out what they see as the problem before adding anymore auctions, you could get yourself in deeper.

Bob

MrMister

Well I'm glad, cause bickering never leads to good things and I avoid negative drama in life and online. Scalping sounds more pleasant to me than the stabbing too. lol Yes, that's basically how ebay is. I did forget to mention that anyone can file a complaint there and have an item removed, if ebay judges so. I think with copyright infringement they have to be in the VERO program to get something done about that. Well I called ebay yesterday and where every call goes to India, it's extremely hard to get definite answers, sometimes hard to do basic communication. I hope not to get myeslf deeper, I'm not gonna go anywhere near Case knives unless I get the green light from the attorney or someone higher up. I'll try the Rough Riders again though and put ROUGH RIDERS all in the auction. I better check to make sure Case XX doesn't own them too though, that would be about how my luck has been going with all of this.

Hot Knobs

Elite Cafe Member
MrMister you mite post some of your work over on knifedogs.com and get some work out of the makers over there. Just sold a heavy tool on E-bay the freight was 360.00 they held my money for 20 days because I used a shipper that they did not recognize and charged 60.00 to sell it, think I am done with them. Deane

Latest posts

Sponsors