Latest new project -Whiskey Flask

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dave,
I'll join the club and say I would love to see how that is done. Amazing.

Todd

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
I'd like to see the mine outback of the house Dave gets all that silver out of to melt down and roll out. Every now again I try panning the gravel in our pit but no gold or silver no matter how hard I wish or how many tries. A few nice agates and jasper and that's about all. :)

Thanks for sharing, I'm a big fan,

John

Last edited:

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The mine is all of the crap that didn't work out the first time!!! I have been able to recycle my scraps that I have never sold back to the refiners because I'd be embarrassed to let ANYONE see what I screwed up.The learning curve for some of my wild notions are steep. If you don't fear failure it becomes a success at some point!!!!!LOL

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So last night I made a outline drawing of my flask. I sketched my Idea for the lid attachment and a preliminary scroll pattern as well, I know it needs some major surgery and I have never posted a drawing here before that I can remember.I just decided that it's time to let you guys have an opportunity to give me some of your thoughts and I will be open to suggestions.

preliminary flask sketch.jpg

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Shawn,

The "ends" are formed with the 2 piece steel die and a press. The body's wrapped around the wooden form...

If you are gonna make more than one, hardwood or plexiglass is more durable.

For a one off - almost any wood within reason will work. ("within reason" would exclude balsa wood for example)

Brian

Last edited:

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
todays progress

I decided that I would bright cut the top tank and cap. then I will lay out my scrolls for the rest. the narrow space is going to have some inscription devoted to the finer parts of good whiskey. top of tank in progress.jpg ttip2.jpg

rodsta

Elite Cafe Member
Looking great Dave

That will be one fine flask when you finish...it's looking great already. I can appreciate all the work you are putting into it...
Rod

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Wow Dave, that is awesome. How do you form that scalloped, I know that's not the correct word, area at the base of the neck. Can't wait to see it finished. You should have put up a camera and made a video.

Todd

Latest posts

Sponsors