Announcement: English fine scroll book and DVD updates

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I couldn't find myself on the list for this project by Marcus, so just to be sure, count me in too. I don't know anything about English Scroll, so would be great having material that can open my eyes on this.

arnaud

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus, it looks like the requests are getting close to 100 just here on the forum. Maybe you will need to re evaluate your needs by double or even triple the anticipated number of kits!

Bill

JAT

Hey Marcus, big fan of your work! I would really like a set as well! I love english scrolls and look forward to diving into them! Thanks so much for your efforts, you are greatly appreciated!

KeithBebo

I asked to be put on the list but have not been around much, have the book and DVDs been put out for purchase?

Keith

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus,

I sent a PM sometime back requesting a set (book and DVD). I would also like to have a set of the casting and an opportunity in the future to buy other castings offered.

Please just let me know how you prefer to be paid. I am very willing to pre-pay for the same. Roger

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi guys, sorry this has been taking its time. The problem I ran into was that I was hoping that this would all fit on to one DVD, unfortunately it won't. I didn't want to go the blue ray route as not everyone has blue ray players so its got to be a double DVD set with one dual layer disc and the other a standard one. This has upped the cost considerably to me of course and the difficulty has been finding companies that will duplicate dual layer discs as not everyone will. Apparently you have to burn them slowly or there can be issues so the duplication cost is almost double that of a standard disc. So I'm in the process of getting quotes and negotiating at the moment.

I may have been slightly optimistic on the price before but rest assured it won't be much more than I said but bear in mind you're getting around 2 1/2 hours of detailed instruction. I've tried to cover every aspect from start to finish of cutting English fine scroll so there are no ambiguities. I've bought so called "instructional" how to play musical instrument DVDs in the past and have been left wondering why I wasted my money? This DVD set isn't like that and it walks you through every element with the second DVD teaching you how to construct the flowers that you can add to make it "bouquet and scroll .

Last edited:

Aventuraal

On the premise of better late than never, I would like to add my request for a full set, book, dvd and castings.

And many thanks for producing it, as English scroll doesn't tend to reproduce well. Looking forward to seeing it up close.
ARW

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the update Marcus!

Hopefully the price won't push up too high, but you have to charge what you have to charge. I shouldn't have any trouble getting the book and DVD but I'll have to wait for the final price to be sure I can get the castings (which I'd really like to get).

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus

I have paid good money for the equipment in my Engraving Studio and have always tried to keep in mind that "Money well spent is a blessing in desquise" also "Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish you feed him for life". What you are doing is the best course for all of us. I want to tell you that as I said in the beginning when you first announced this venture for all of our benefit that I want to be first in line to request this resource for my library with out hesitation. Yes please keep the cost down as much as possible but don't skimp on what it will take to make this a treasure. Looking forward to the day I get to hear you say it is finally available to order.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus, it sounds as if it would be easier, and no more costly, to do a 3-dvd set. Or am I wrong?

I am looking forward to seeing it. I was lucky to be introduced to English scroll by Mike Dubber and followed that by three days with Simon Lytton, who spent 20 years at Purdey's before going freelance. I am always looking for new sources and am gladdened to see that yours is almost there.

Mac the knife

Marcus, Love your work! I would like to have a set also of the book and DVD. I have been lurking on this site for a few years and practicing drawing and engraving. I did practice plates, from 416 stainless steel, until I couldn't take it anymore; about four years worth!! I would engrave them and surface grind them off and do it again. The steel got really thin. Anyway too much talking. Put my name down on the list. Thanks, Loyd

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
UPDATE The first 100 double DVD sets have arrived from the duplicator. The book has gone to the printers today and hopefully should be delivered at the end of next week. I'm still casting away but the weather has held things up; it's just too warm!

mrthe

Grear news Marcus! i'm happy to see that all is gone well and soon will be avaible!
Thank for your efforts on it ;)

Latest posts

Sponsors