Chinese equipment.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don't even get started on the great Pavlova debate between the Kiwi's and Aussies.........we invented it and the Aussies are trying to claim they did and have been knocking it off for the last 87 years. Every Kiwi knows they are just plain out wrong, wrong wrong!!!!

Pavlova - Wikipedia
The dessert is believed to have been created in honour of the dancer either during or after one of her tours to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s. The nationality of its creator has been a source of argument between the two nations for many years, but formal research indicates New Zealand as the source.

I read it on the Internet and everyone knows you can't put anything on the Internet if it isn't true! :)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The humiliating Pavlova dessert ripoff merits a full scale attack, Andrew. Do you guys have nukes?

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Just goes to show how far back these jokers have been at their craft!
Google kiwi again Doc! Or rather Choogle on the .wwCw.
The ".wwCw" - world wide Chinese web - states that the kiwi fruit was developed many centuries ago by the Chinese.

Last edited:

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Oh Marcus your are putting your foot in it don't you know everything is big and better in the good old US of A and covered by patents :rolleyes:

And Andrew as a true blue aussie that I am why do you fork get so testy over the Pavlova thing just because you first put the KIWI fruit on top we still make the best ones and it's the PASSION fruit we put on that brings out the flavour of those green slimmy thing :biggrin:

And DOC the native to southern China bit will only upset them down there and they won't want to come out and play you know how the gen pool gets on small island that don't want to play with other :thinking:

And thats my pennies worth I have to go and make a few more knockoffs
Ray :banana: :banana:

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well at least the New Zealanders copiëd that fruit quite good, they all look so real.....and even the quality is good.....

Andrew Biggs

The humiliating Pavlova dessert ripoff merits a full scale attack, Andrew. Do you guys have nukes?

The only problem with that is because we are a nuclear free country, we would have to knock off the nukes from the Americans or Chinese..........so it all starts getting rather complicated.

When I was a kid we called Kiwi Fruit "Chinese Gooseberries" and it wasn't till the marketing people got hold of it that the name changed. Then we sent the NZ clippings back to China because ours was better and more robust.......so not only did we knock it off, we also sent back an improved version named after ourselves and now the rest of the world celebrates Kiwi fruit and Chinese Gooseberries are long forgotten. All of which proves that God really is on our side :)

As for a pavlova with passionfruit........gag, spit, choke, argh!!!!!! spoken like a true Aussie :)

Cheers
Andrew

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chines Gooseberries on the vine:

Latest posts

Sponsors