You Might Be an Engraver's Wife If....

Abigail

Administrator
Kerry,

Abigail
Have you been talking to my wife? I knew I was transparent but holy cow!!!
I can definetly see why Sam married you. By the way he talks about you a lot in his classes (in a good way).

Hi Kerry,
I really enjoy all of Sam's 'quirks'. It's nice to hear he's thinking of me even while he is in class. He talks about his classes alot when he is home, too.
Abigail

Abigail

Administrator
Hi John,
That was a blast playing at the 2006 Grand Masters. I think about it often. I can't wait until next year. What a fun group you guys are! It's fun making so many new friends.
Abigail

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
Hmmmmm,
"Definition: bizarre
Synonyms: awe-inspiring, curious, dreadful, eccentric, eerie*, far-out*, flaky*, freaky*, funky*, inscrutable, kooky*, magical, mysterious, occult, odd, ominous, outlandish, peculiar, secret, singular, spooky*, strange, supernal, supernatural, uncanny, uncouth, unearthly, unnatural "

Guess I don't know any "Normal" folks! ;{ )

PS: Now about the dog...
"Bleach! My lips touched dog lips! Bleagh! Poison lips! Bleagh!"
Lucy van Pelt

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
OK, no's 10 and 11 do not apply to me at all. Or maybe its that my wife won't let me out of the house without an inspection. I think that's it. I am so anal it absured. I think being and engineer has that effect. I made my bench top out of matte white lamiate. It forces me clean it up. I think a forum for the better halfs would be great. That way they would appreciate us more since they would see that we are not that weird after all.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Sam, With you skill and knowledge of the computer, could'nt you open your cafe web site with a little of your wifes and your banjo music? Think about it!:p

Abigail

Administrator
Hi Glen

Hi Glen,
We are working on recording some music. As soon as we have something worth listening to we'll send you the link. Thank you very much for asking!
Abigail

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Music

Hey Sam, With you skill and knowledge of the computer, could'nt you open your cafe web site with a little of your wifes and your banjo music? Think about it!:p

That's what I have been whining/hinting for since the Cafe opened for coffee!
But from one that can hardly turn on a computer, that's a lot for me to ask.
But I bet Abigail and Sam will make it fly when they can find the time.
Looking forward to it.
John

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
I love it Abigail!! I don't have a wife --- but I would show this to any new prospects -- thank you very much. It will surely help narrow things down to the very serious or the those building credits for cannonization (LOL)

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Abigail,
Speaking for John B. and myself we older timers need a little ---- kicking music in our lives.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Abigail,

Are you sure, for the first point ? I’ve found Sam’s fingernails very …neat in the 1st pic:)
My wife agrees with a lot of points in your list… I expect you will soon write another list with all the advantages of an engraver’s wife.;)

Engraver's wives, you are often our Muses , we love you and tell it with flowers…

Jean

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_1595.JPG
    Resize of IMG_1595.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Resize of IMG_5902.JPG
    Resize of IMG_5902.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 76

Abigail

Administrator
Hello Jean

Jean,
Ahhhh a list of the advantages of being a whittler's wife. That's a great idea for a new 'list'. I need to work on that.
However, my first list was not a list of 'disadvantages'. It was merely a list of 'observations'. I don't find quirks to be a disadvantage. They keep me quite amused....mostly.;)
Cheers!
Abigail

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Abigail,

What am I to do... I'm the engraver and the wife... My husband would probably agree that I share similar traits from your list. Most of the time he just shakes his head and smiles.:)

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Abigail,
As an engravers wife, I totally agree. I have a few to add.
1. He will never throw away any magazine because it may have a picture in it that he may use someday.
2. The neighbors feel sorry for me because my husband doesn't have a job. They suggest that maybe he could sell some of his "carvings" on e-bay.
3. The other day he went out to get the mail but forgot to take remove his apron and his optivisor. The school bus came just then and the driver asked our children "Just what is it that your dad does?"
Lisa

Abigail

Administrator
Hi Lisa,
I really like the one you added about the magazines. He has STACKS and STACKS of magazines.
As far as 'carvings', when people ask me what Sam does for a living, I sometimes just say "he's a 'whittler'. Ofcourse I do this just to see Sam roll his eyes.
We have never had any inquiries from a school bus driver, but not too long ago, our mailman couldn't stand it anymore and had to ask why we have so many packages delivered to the house. I think he must have thought we are shopaholics....or worse.
Someone asked me to start a new list naming the benefits of being an engraver's wife. I'm working on that one. Maybe I'll just start a thread with one or two of the benefits that come to mind, and then I'll ask the wives to step up and add more. What do you think?
Abigail

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh my God the stacks of magazines This is getting scary now. I have trade magazines all over the place I can't throw them out either. I even tried cutting out what I wanted and throw the magazine a way but that only worked for while. I even boxed some up and put them in the basement for what I don't know I'll probably never look at them.
Maybe it is time for you wifes to have your own site I'm starting to feel like a weirdo:)
Mike

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Mike.
I don't know what these ladies are talking about!
Who ever heard of throwing a magazine away. Unthinkable.
We guys had better stick together or we might be expected to put all out tools away sometime!

Huff, huff.......... and huff.

John B.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm pretty good at tearing out the pages of articles and photogrpahs of things I want and throwing the rest of the magazine away as I read them. It's orgnaizing the pile of loose pages that now looks untidy. Probably the stack of magazines would look better.

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Here's Mr. Anal again. I do what Scott does, except I scan the article and file in a folder on my computer so I can access it later by specifics on what the article is. I know, it's the process side of me. SORRY!!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors