Workbench thread

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are pics of my workspace. There is a pic of my main workbench, a pic looking to the left side and a pic looking to the right side of the bench. The other pic is of the drawing tables on the wall opposite my bench where I do my drawing and design work.

You can also see parts of student benches that are behind my bench in the studio.

Steve,

I generally do not rest my arms doing scroll work. I like the free movement of my arm.
Occasionally I will rest my arms when doing bulino or super fine detail stuff. Then I use the arm of my chair to set my right elbow on. I also sometimes rest the bottom of my right hand on the edge of the vise when picking bulino dots.

Ray

Attachments

• bench1.jpg
    bench1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,815
  • bench2.jpg
    bench2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,753
  • bench3.jpg
    bench3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,804
  • bench4.jpg
    bench4.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,743

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
how do you do the 'attached thumbnails' ? Is that the 'insert link' option?

Hit the 'Go Advanced' button and on the 'Advanced' message creation screen there's a 'Manage Attachements' button that opens a window to let you attach the images to the message (which shows the thumbnails).

The system limits the size of your attached image (both the file size and the image size - it can't take up too much space or too much of the screen). I use a little utility called PhotoCleaner to adjust my pictures for upload.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
NEVADABLUE,LIKE STEVE SAID WORKS. i have kodak easy share, i go to the top where it says file, save as, like desktop,then at the bottom there is a print size, i use e-mail size, then i transfer to my desktop,a nd send them from there. your camera may reduce them also before you deposit them in your computor. this workbench section is one nice area to browse in, and apparently, others say the same by the response it produces.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
really messy studio

Well, here is where I scratch a little and look for stuff a lot....!

Attachments

• Studio 1.jpg
    Studio 1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,825
  • Studio 2.jpg
    Studio 2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,699
  • Studio 3.jpg
    Studio 3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,682
  • Studio 4.jpg
    Studio 4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,710

Dragonslayer

HI all, I am new to this I just got involved with engraving and plan to go to school this summer. At present I make South West Jewelry, plus one of a kind uniques precious gem pieces. I just wanted to put simple designs on my pieces that set them apart. After reading this forum, I added a few things to my shop. Here are a couple of pictures that show my metal and soldering side of the shop. Any advice or suggestion are alway helpful

Bruce

Attachments

• metal bench1.jpg
    metal bench1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • solder bench1.jpg
    solder bench1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,739

Dragonslayer

Thanks for your comments Mike I appreciate it. The little crock pot is for Pickling. I actually have three, one for silver, one for brass and one for liver of sulfate.

Bruce

James Wark

This is my space right now. Will be moving everything to the back room soon. I think if I paint the walls white it will be better.

Attachments

• 1147.JPG
    1147.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,778
  • 1148.JPG
    1148.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,674

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rex, I know. My day job allows me to aquire this nice wood, and this is the reject stuff. Hard to believe, but it is taken out of the waste bin. Tim hasn't showed up to pick it up so I used it. Sorry bud, HA!!!

That's OK, I want to know what's in that old oak barrel next to the gun cabinet. Think I'll bring a tap and a glass with me next time and find out...:rolleyes:

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Tim, it's Tennesse Sour Mash Wiskey from the Tennesse Dickel Distilling Co. Perfect for this room. Do you think Scott Pilkington would be proud. FYI: So would it be typical that my SASS cowboy name is "HAVE-A-BOURBON"

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
OK since the subject came up..... I spent about 2000 hours rebuilding a 1945 Yak 3U fighter from the ground up with a P&W R2000 on the nose ( Reno racer). Also my dad worked for Howard for 14 years maintaining the Spruce Goose. One of my small tool cabinets is made from scrap wood from the goose. Great work shop Yves.

Dennis

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Dennis, did most of my career at "DAC" Douglas A/C in Long Beach and did a lot of volunteer work on the DAC DC-2 and flew right seat once. What a thrill. It was decked out in the Hughes TWA colors of silver and red. Saw the Goose a lot before it moved. You have some great history there.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Yves at DAC

Yves,

When did you work at DAC? I was a Dougloid there from 1988 to 1995. I worked final avionics on MD-80's, 90's, 11's, and the C-17. Interesting times.

Joe Paonessa

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi guys! Just had to yack at yall about this New Dulin-Hawk Engraving platform, I just got mine in this evening and got it set up around 11:00 this evening, would've been sooner but I couldn't unload it and bring it into my shop, called and got a couple of police officers to come help a brother out, and wa la! I got it all set up and was engraving pretty durn quick. Like a said in a previous post, I struggle with my neck & back, This is one of the answers! I love it, just set the scope for your personal hight and just with a push of a button the table and ram raises with ever so light a nudge with your knee, the work raises right into focus, it's exactly what the Dr. ordered. I love it!!!!!! mine is a different color than the one I posted pictures of that I tried at Shanna's house and my scope boom was a little different that Shanna's so they modified mine from the original design to accommodate my scope. Some guys also mentioned the legs coming out to far, they shortened mine and I do like them shorter, it wasn't that big a deal for me cause my chair has casters but they are out of the way more now. Take a look, and if you want to try it out just come to Andrews and play on it. Later, Dwayne

PS: I've included a picture of Shanna's so you can see the difference.

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Joe, I was at DAC from 94-98 and worked soley on the West Ramp for Mike Alexander and Jim Mitchel. Saw the end in site when Boing bought us and so I went to Gulfstream.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bench setup

Here some of my working space.
As I'm a goldsmith setter and learning engraving I have a lot of tools.
That is because the tools quantity of them keeps growing, even after 25 years I don't have every tool.
Here I spend most of my lifetime.:D

Arnaud

Attachments

• DSC_5541.jpg
    DSC_5541.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,616
  • DSC_5545.jpg
    DSC_5545.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,599

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm glad to see this thread back! Thanks for posting pics of your workbenches. / ~Sam

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Jim tells us in an other thread he find overly tidy benches suspect. Well, here is a piece of mine ;)

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,628

Latest posts

Sponsors