Workbench thread

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kevin,
This shop is right out of my dreams AND nightmares. I love mechanical watches and as a jeweler and mechanic, used to keep my own running. Amazing and devilish little things. Got quite fascinated with it all. Began to eat up all my waking hours and the wife got tired of the endless flow of tiny packages of parts scrounged off Ebay showing up in the mail. Finally made me pick a hobby or two to drop. Shooting pool and watches were put on hold.
This scene brings back memories. Beautifully chaotic! (by the way, do you happen to know of a good source for Valjoux 7751 parts? Got one I need to fix when my wife is not looking.)
Layne

mgdesigns

My converted desk/bench

This photo was taken right after I took classes from Sam 8 years ago. I had a small office space near Green Hills in Nashville. Now this bench is in the garage and is still very functionable. Lots of drawer space for spare tools and supplies. MGD Bench 2.jpg

krisf

starting to shape up

got the playroom cleaned out enough to get my bench set. just waiting for GRS delivery next week.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,375

joeca

my bench looks a little bare and too clean after looking through this :/ also getting strange feelings of tool envy.

Darren

Elite Cafe Member

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
[/IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Here are some photos of me at work at my bench. The other area is where I do restocking and all the other dirty work.
I like to keep my work area simple and organized. It has servered my well over the years.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

JOSIAH HANLEY

Repair shop bench and engraving bench

Attachments

• work bench side.jpg
    work bench side.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 985
  • Tools.jpg
    Tools.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 980
  • work bench back view.jpg
    work bench back view.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 981
  • work bench_sink.jpg
    work bench_sink.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 975
  • corner bench.jpg
    corner bench.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 981

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
josiah: a very impressive setup. i'm quite fond of your little bench anvil. i love seeing something like the anvil surrounded by all the hi-tech toys.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beladran, Having used a Miester for many years a couple of suggestions-unsolicited suggestions. The noise can be a real distraction and damage your hearing if used for prolonged period. If you place the machine under your bench it will help a little. I ended up raising mine up on bricks and placed a large milk create with a cutout for the control box over it with sound board around it. the bricks allowed for air flow. you could also use a small air circulation fan used in computers if you wanted. Just my solution- Other folks may have other ideas. The fan you have should do the job quite nicely. Fred

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
Huh? I cant hear you! Your right about the noise. It didnt take me long to figure out that noise was gonna be a problem. I have a pair of Bose quiet comfort ear muffs an got them plugged into my iPod.. I had an idea of building a plywood box to cover it. lined with carpet to dampen the noise with a couple fans to push air. Basicly your idea

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Who needs a leather couch? I can sit or sleep in my car.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos you dummy. :beatup:

A Bud light is used to light the way out of the dark mental block tunnel! :beerchug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors