William Henry knife bolster

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes,
I will throw in a plug for WH as well. Rick Thronburg from WH has been coming out to Reno for several years and has donated money to FEGA and also has been able to secure several members to do commissions. This year they donated a knife to FEGA for our 30th anniversary and Lee Griffiths did a great job engraving it!
It's a pleasure to have the industry support like this.
Rex

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Marty. The reason I asked was that I did notice Andrew, Tira, Lee and Chris Malouf had posted WH knives recently and I was curious. They do seem like a classy company and produce some nice looking knives.

The name I am familiar with is Matt Conable. They had a nice booth at Blade.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I finished the left bolster. Here's a quickie shot of it through the microscope lens.
Thanks once again for all of the kind words.

Marty

Attachments

• left-bolster4web.jpg
    left-bolster4web.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 63

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Marty
That is a look I have seen before. And I was totally sober at the time, I think. :beerchug:

You going to show us how to draw that look :beat up:

I really am looking forward to the class. :beat up:

Sandy

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike. the material is 416 stainless and it cut very nicely. Considering how small the bolster is it would have been a real problem if it was ornery.

Roger, Thanks, I was worried about doing the Boar but I guess it worked out OK

Sandy, I'm glad you signed in to the Basic Art class. We will be concentrating on learning how to draw. Starting off with how to draw a line. There are steps and proceedures in drawing that can help you visualize a design and image and this is what I hope to be able to teach. Then if you can draw and visualize it, you should be able to engrave it. Now I cannot see what images you posted here.

Attachments

• sketch 3.jpg
    sketch 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 42

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Marty,
I tried to draw a straight line once. It looked like a snake. :shock: You will have your hands full my friend. I can see it in my head it just wont come out of the pencil.

Sandy

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sandy
I can't draw a straight line either.That's why they invented the ruler. Talk nice to your pencil
Marty

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Marty, Those look really nice. Ive always enjoyed your work. Thanks for posting pics. Funny story about William Henry. I was out at the Tucson Gem show four or five years ago and they were there trying to sell to jewelers i guess. I stopped and talked a minute. At the time i had been engraving a short time. I asked if they had anything i could engrave and they replied no. I said you guys need to make something to engrave because it was the next big thing going to happen. Im not saying anything except maybe i helped you guys out with a little buisness.LOL

Latest posts

Sponsors