William Henry knife bolster

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well now that hunting season and Thanksgiving are over with. it's time to get back to reality and engraving. Here is a William Henry knife I am working on. The 416 stainless is cutting very nicely. The engraving is not darkened in yet so the photo can look a little bit goofy. The pin holes on my vice jaws can give you a perspective as to how small this bolster is.

Have a Happy Holiday and New Years to all

Marty

Attachments

• right-side-photo-4web.jpg
    right-side-photo-4web.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 340

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Looking great, Marty.
And a little different scroll style than your Rabino style scroll.
A lucky someone is going to have a beautiful knife.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looking outside and seeing too much cold and snow, the face reminds me a bit of ol' man winter. Great idea and well done.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks nice Marty. I was thinking it was all that hunting that inspired your pattern.
I'm guessing you got thst look from the wife!
Rex

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
VERY nice Marty! I like your layout very much.

I've noticed quite a few engravers cutting WH knives lately. Is it being commissioned directly by WH knives or a private owner?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nope Rex
"THAT" look is going on the other side of the knife.

Thanks for the kind words gang. The face actually is one from the book Master Gunsmith Designs. I love that old Gothic style at times

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Wonderful engraving Marty! I love that face (grotesque?) too.

Thank you for the wishes also, here goes the same for you and yours.

All the best,
Leonardo

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Well Marty, I have not been able to send you any snow this year so I'll send a Happy Holiday season for you and yours. The bolster is fantastic. Will see you in Reno.
Glenn

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Mr. R
I think I have seen that look a time or two. :shock: Hope I don't see it in your class next year.

Sandy

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn..I might have to come up by you to ski so far this year. You guys are getting hammered while it's rather balmy down here.

Fred..."Fancyschmancy" could work perhaps.

Sandy...You see i was paying attention when you were telling me about your past lives. So you're the one who signed up for my Basic Art class huh?

To all...thanks as always for your kind words on my efforts.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
VERY nice Marty! I like your layout very much.

I've noticed quite a few engravers cutting WH knives lately. Is it being commissioned directly by WH knives or a private owner?

Marty - Is this question inappropriate, or did you just not notice it? Thanks.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry I missed your question Peter.
I'm not certain about other engravers but my knife was commisioned directly by William Henry. This is the first knife that I have engraved for them. They have commissioned other engravers to engrave various products of theirs and they have been a very good friend to FEGA over the past few years with their support and donations. I beleive Lee, Tira and Andrew may have done a few of their knives and posted photos here on the forum. I'm also certain that quite a few have been engraved as an after market job by others also. They are good people to work with if anyone gets the opportunity.

Latest posts

Sponsors