Welcome to The Engraver's Cafe!

joris

hello sam,it feels nice to be inside the engravingcafe!!only not to much drinking allowed because we get results we normally trying to avoid..
greetings joris

Abigail

Administrator
Hi Marcus

Hello from Louisiana! Congrats on your first public gig! That is awesome.
Good luck finding a mandolin, too. I'm starting to play mine a little more these days. We have an upcoming gig in less than two weeks, and it will be televised. We're playing 5 songs and I'm playing mandolin on 4 of them. I'm scared silly.:eek: This will be my mandolin 'debut' and it is televised. I must be crazy.
Sam and I have been working on doing some recording and we should have a couple of songs done pretty soon. We're still learning how to use this recording system. We'll send you a link as soon as we get it done.
I'm looking forward to meeting your wife someday. I know she must be very very special. Send my regards to your dad, too.
Cheers!
Abigail

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello Don and JC. Welcome to the Cafe. Don, Abigail and I love our pickin'!

JC: The Engraver's Cafe is about the art of engraving and nothing else. Thanks much for being a part of it, and we'll all look forward to your continued participation. / Sam

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Hello from your ky. hillbilly coin carving friend Billzach, i,ve just started engraving knife bolsters, grip caps and floorplates..

Sam

Staff member
Hello from your ky. hillbilly coin carving friend Billzach, i,ve just started engraving knife bolsters, grip caps and floorplates..

Hi Bill. I'm really happy that you're expanding your engraving to other items. I've watched you grow from a complete beginner to one of the best hobo nickel carvers in the country. There's little doubt in my mind that if you apply the same careful execution to bolsters and floor plates, they will be very well done.

How about posting some photos of your latest pieces? / ~Sam

Harold

Hello

I am Harold Franklin and I am hobby engraver. I hope to one day make a living at engraving.

I will have to add this site to my daily surfing. I can't wait to see what I will learn here :).

Thank you all in advance.

Sam

Staff member
I am Harold Franklin and I am hobby engraver. I hope to one day make a living at engraving.
I will have to add this site to my daily surfing. I can't wait to see what I will learn here :).
Thank you all in advance.

Harold: Welcome to the Cafe, and I can see by your site that you're WELL on your way with engraving. If you have any technical questions be sure to post them in the Cafe. / ~Sam

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Sam,

It was great to finally meet you in Emporia. I'm still recovering from Ron's class but can't wait to apply all that I learned to my next project. Thanks for putting this forum together. It looks like it will be a great way to keep improving the art.

David

P.S. Stay on Ron's back. He should be a part of this.

Sam

Staff member
Hi David. Ron Smith said he will gladly participate in this forum as soon as he gets a new computer and gets online. I hope it's soon as he has a lot to offer.
Cheers / Sam

Racca

Congrats From Stuller Tools Group!

Sam, We are very excited about this website! The url has surged through the building and all of the guys love what you are doing! Anyone who knows you should not be surprised with it's quality! ----Troy C Racca
ps Kathy says hi to Mrs. Abigail.

Sam

Staff member
Sam, We are very excited about this website! The url has surged through the building and all of the guys love what you are doing! Anyone who knows you should not be surprised with it's quality! ----Troy C Racca
ps Kathy says hi to Mrs. Abigail.

Hello Troy! thanks for joining the Cafe, and thanks for your words of encouragement. They are greately appreciated. I hope you visit often, and please give our best regards to Kathy and all our friends at Stuller. Maybe I'll see you at the spring workshop? / ~Sam

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
new forum

Thanks for the new forum. The information on engraving nowadays is truly awesome, not like it was twenty years ago when I almost gave up because no one wanted to share "their" secrets which they had worked so hard to learn on their own. It is my firm belief that no art form can survive without talented people teaching their craft to those interested in it. These past few years make it seem I am in engraver's heaven with all the talent out there so freely given to whomever wants to learn. Thank you to ALL you teachers out there, whether merely somewhat talented like me or masters of the craft ( I refuse to name any because I don't want to leave anyone out!). This attitude makes learning truly enjoyable.

Bill

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sam

Great site you've created here. The tips and tricks page is wonderful. Like John B said....the design with the ball vise with the handle is excellent. I look forward to visiting often.

Best wishes
Andrew Biggs

Jordi

Good idea, Sam!

Creating a forum like this is a great idea. There are no limits now!
Anyone can show any hand engraved work!

Yes, I will soon post some pictures of my work, no doubt about it!

Congratulations.

Sam

Staff member
Hello Jordi, and thanks for joining the Cafe. Everyone will be thrilled to see photos of your beautiful engraving, so post often! / ~Sam

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
Hello

Sam et.al.,
Just want to say Hi. Thanks for your support of the novice engraving community, this site will surely be a valuable resource for us.
Robert