vaquero

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Looks great.
I was at Colonial Williamsburg last weekend and saw that border from the cylinder on the ceiling Crown molding . It was in the Governors Palace.

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Good work Shawn,
Quite different to cut on a barrel, Compensating for the cylindrical arc and keeping all at the same depht. You always make it looks so easy. Keep up the good work.

Regards

VAN

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks guys
i got lucky van....i didn't have anything to practice on so the first scroll took me a little time.
there are flat spots here and there...... i did my best to hide them. i am happy with the rest

Gun Nut

Elite Cafe Member
Wondering that my self, about the original finish. Looks outstanding so far. Thanks for posting.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i like the entire job, but esp the rear portion of the cylinder. a neat border treatment

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Shawn.Did you scrib a line on the right side of the barrel before you took off the ejector housing?you need to do this so your scrolls are not hiden under the housing. J.J.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
how do you anneal the gate roger?

Put the loading gate in a furnace or kiln and bring it up to cherry red then turn the furnace off and let the piece cool slowly. To prevent scale on the piece you can wrap it in metal foil with a piece of wood inside or you can polish off the scale.

Sponsors