Announcement: US govt issued coins to to to residents in 251 tx counties

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, I'm thinking of opening them up and recording the coins condition and uploading on you tube. 130 bucks will cost them more, in the amount of people that will see the what crap they sell, they will lose more business that way, I should open one and return one, what do you think?

Carlos De La O III

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My father and grandfather collected them for years and years. They did have juke boxes back in the forties. Both have passed now and the came to me. Places like ebay have all but destroyed coin collecting. You will find a coin that the blue book lists for several hundred dollars, even thousands. you check ebay and some collector has it listed at that then you find them also listed for way way less on the same search. Most of the silver coins have collector values above the silver value but no one bids on them. Sad but true. Almost all franklin halves for example have collector blue book around $11 or above-nobody will give more than melt unless they are just doing collecting as a hobby and for that the fun is in the search and ebay killed that. For me disability is forcing the sale. Have sold nickels from the 30's and silver ones from the war years at face value .05 nobody wanted them. Fred

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Got the box in today. .. should I open it or should I send it back. .. the public will decide. .. gonna have a little fun

Carlos De La O III

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can open one if you want. But it's a rather expensive experience. This is supposing that these creeps actually will return your money as advertised. I have a feeling that it will take many months and a lot of threatening letters to actually get paid.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
:clapping: Open,open,open, :clapping: Carlos, I'll buy half the bag from you, plus postage to Australia, they will be good for practice, :thumbsup:
Richard.

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can open one if you want. But it's a rather expensive experience. This is supposing that these creeps actually will return your money as advertised. I have a feeling that it will take many months and a lot of threatening letters to actually get paid.

Doc

I agree it's probably going to be a lesson learned. But last time I checked I had like 26 thousands views On my you tube channel they'll lose some business. Ill unbox then soon.

Carlos De La O III

mrthe

Now you have two nice little bags ;)
Jokes a part search first 1917/18 D buffalos is better that a three legs :)
How much have you pay for this?
Ever you can try to carve some nice Hobo nickels sell they in Ebay and in this way you will recupere the money!

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos, they majority have clearly visible dates, so is up to you how much money you get back, the better the carving, the more you will sell them for, ;), mho.

Richard.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
He's right - those are very carvable. Not premium coins but you want to stay away from those until you know what you're doing.

I think the last batch I bought at that quality were something like 30 cents each, so you overpaid just a touch, but get a few good sales and you'll recover.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Yes, you overpaid but it's an easy mistake to make, especially the way they were advertised.
The good news is most dates are readable and once you hone your skills at carving you should be able to make your money back very easily.

Latest posts

Sponsors