Trains and other garage crafts

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave, currently it is held by double sided tape-probably not very permanent, therefore it will likely be laser welded. I just happen to have access to one.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to everyone for the comments. It's nice to wake up and hear something complimentary from someone other than my mother. She is not very objective or knowledgeable about engraving but she thinks I'm the best in the world and I don't have the heart to tell her otherwise besides she would not remember it anyway. We love our mothers.

Chris, I am using the enset. It is working out nicely for the sculpting and this project has a bit more sculpting than normal. I don't know whether I am hearkening back to my engraving beginnings with a hammer or my many years as a farmer driving big, slow tractors but I like slower speeds for some applications. I have used a magnum handpiece for bulino for a number of years.

What I really like is a fuller spectrum of tools and stroke speeds. For slower speed applications I use the enset and for higher speeds I have a gravermach and gravermax. I think of it as (get ready for the farming analogy) being in the field and needing to do a repair. Often all I had with me was a smaller tool box and a screwdriver may end up doubling as a prybar or a large crescent wrench being used as a hammer. It sure would have been nice to have more tools for specific applications.

Latest posts

Sponsors