Titanium Buckle project [photos]

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That looks good Arnaud good and smooth welding, I have to practice more with my Puk.
Do you think the Puk 2 can do a job like this or are the 3 and 4 more suited for that.
I am aware that it is difficult for you to answer this but maybe you have some experience with the 2 as well.
Do you add wire while you are welding?

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Willem, not difficult to answer this one as I also had a PUK2. Sure the PUK1 can't do this properly.
The PUK3 and PUK4 are just the same, only the outside of the machines is a bit different, not the properties.
I think a PUK2 could do the job, but it will take much more time. In fact the PUK3 only weld 1/2 mm deep, so you need wire to build up the weld.
On this one, the buckle sheet is 3 mm and I drilled 3 holes that exactly fits the diameter of the tubes. That makes the welding much stronger.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks For answering this question Arnaud I will give it a go soon and should practice more with it, I only use the Puk for simple connections in gold and silver.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent Arnaud.

I would highly reccomend this pattern to be a mandatory purchase for all new engravers. After transferring and engraving a dozen practice plates with this excellent pattern, you will have developed basic muscle memory which is one of the most important aspects of good engraving.

:thumbsup: Arnaud

Jeff

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Arnaud: Beautiful work attaching the back components. It looks perfect.

Maybe consider a gun belt. They are very heavy leather and nicely stitched, and most have snaps for adding your own buckle.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Great work Arnaud, as usual, hey come to thick of it :thinking:, I have a nice belt that would go with that, ;),
I'll send you a pm with my address, :thumbsup:,

Richard.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Jeff, this design I already sold it a few times in vector format on Tira’s engraver.com

Sam, yes I consider a nice gun belt as well. Probably I will have to purchase one in the US.
Any tip for a website perhaps? I would prefer to have it stitched properly than having it attached with snaps. I have a belt with snaps but to me it just doesn’t look nice.

Richard, I didn’t see your PM yet, sure I’m interested in any nice belt one of you may offer.

arnaud

This belt to me just doesn't look nice with the buckle

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Richard for the link, the belt size needed is 40 mm wide.
As I spent many hours on the buckle, I'm looking for a real high end belt that is nicely stitched to the buckle, a hand made one I prefer.
The length would be another problem of course,

This is a website I found and located in the UK, perhaps this comes close

arnaud

mrthe

Fantastic! definitly i have to find a good source for ti and try to cut something!
thank you for share!

Latest posts

Sponsors