Thieves visited me in my shop once again

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
let me know if you can watch my IP cam live

Yes, I finally got it to work. I think there's some old guy in your shop with a pony tail. :) I took a snapshot:

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's not working for me Arnaud.

[edit] Ok now it's connected and I see you working :)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks Sam letting me know, when logging in, use the live video, the other features you can't use them when being a visitor, therefore you need another login and password. :caution:

arnaud

Sam

Staff member
Now I see your front door. Looks like the camera is working just fine. How many days does it record to your computer before it overwrites?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I didn't configure the system the way it upload all the images. Instead I activate the motion detection, and that sent me emails with still images, and it keeps sending those until motion stops. Works great.
Now as the shop is closed and the light is turned of, the cam function 'night vision' is activated automatically.

I could configure the system the way it uploads the images to a server, I can also connect the cam to an alarm system etc. but the way I configured it in my opinion is enough.

But I'm thinking putting a visitors link on my website so that you can see me working at the bench. Of course then the cam isn't .watching the door. So perhaps I will buy another IPcam. It is not expense anyway and customers perhaps like seeing me at work.

Of course, my upload isn't broadband, as the router just uploads the images, on the other hand it isn't 30 images a second.

But of course, if all Cafe member will try to watch my cam, I will have to close the cafe users.

Arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So Sam, if it writes to my computer, depends on the size of the HD, Sam when uploading to a server, nothing is endless. But just the images on an alert is enough I think, and I have a big mailbox, no problem

If I take my iPad to bed, I could install an email account that receive automatically and warns me while at sleep, but I'm a bit deaf, su not my option at the moment.

Arnaud

Sam

Staff member
I'm deaf too. My hearing aids help a lot, but I don't wear them to bed of course.

Anyway, I hope this deters the bad guys or identifies them if they come back. In the USA cameras are in nearly every store, and small shops are using them more every day.