The NgraveR Company web site

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Peter E,
I spoke to Ray this morning. He said no problem about stopping by. Just give him a call 860-823-1533.
I have stopped by on most of my trips up North. Real good people.
It will be worth the ride across the state......
Good luck,
Keith

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Keith. I will probably stop by when the weather is suitable for riding. There is nothing I really need at this point, but I would like to take a look at some of the punches and texturing tools.

I get around a lot more when I can ride my scoot!:D

Peter

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Peter E,
Ray's a scoot guy too......maybe he will show you his WW2 Harley.

Best, John B.

VERY cool. If it is a WWII more than likely it has a "suicide" shifter:D. I love motorcyles and will definitely have to take a ride there. Right now, even after the 50 degree temps the other day, I still have a small glacier in front of my garage:(

Peter

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Peter,
Give him a call first and I'm pretty sure he will show you his Harley.
It's his pride and joy among all his other toys.
And I bet he has the other end of that glacier up his driveway and all the way up Wawecus Hill Road.

John B.

airamp

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,

Well for you young guys the side shift or suicide shift was a problem.

The problem was that if you are on a hill and you had to stop your right foot would be on the brake the left foot had to enguage the clutch so you could shift with the left hand and give power with the right hand.

Most of the old bikes didn't have a front hand brake. (really hard to coordinate).

And you thought a foot pedal, kick wheel and controling a power graver is tough??

Rays bike is most likely a 45CI W (750cc) Flathead series harley side shift which eventually evolved to the sportster.

Here is a 1946 upgraded civi model (Paint) but W series were war series flatheads. Basicly the same bike.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/photos/88412287/

The Indian 4 had all the same qualitys but one added one. When you shifted it due to the engine torque the bike would lurch to the right (also called a flat 4 or horizontal 4).

Rare bike since many ate it on this bike.

enjoy,

AirAmp

Last edited: