The NgraveR Company web site

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks.........

I've been visiting that site for quite awhile with no luck. I'm glad it's finally up and running.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I have a gravermax and a gravermeister. I have seen pics of the NgraveR but have no idea of what it is or does. My assumption is that it turns rotary to impact hammer, but that is a guess. With the two units (actually three, I have 2 gravermax) is there a compelling reason for me to get one of these?
Thanks, Will

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Will, the NgraveR tool does just as you assume...it runs off of a flex shaft and has an internal hammer.
It was my first introduction to powered engraving. At the time, I didn't have the money for the air tools and this was an affordable investment.
I still have and use mine. It does a nice job of inlaying gold wire.
I don't know if there is a compelling reason for you to own one or not.
It sounds like you have all of the bases covered, but hey....it's a tool.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Will

Yes, the Magnagraver is used with a Foredom flexishaft motor and it's an impact hammer. It's actually a very good peice of kit and there are a lot of engravers out there that still use it and produce very good work with it.

Ray Philips that started NGraver and invented the tool is a national treasure and one of the most wonderful people you could ever meet. He is a regular at the FEGA convention at Reno.

Cheers
Andrew

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Ray makes or has made the best Florentine engravers in the trade, and with punch dot
tools that are more robust than swiss beading tools. I would say it's about a ten to one
ration as far as how long the blade last.

He also has star punches and other shapes. At the 2008 Reno Convention I met Ray for
the first time last year, a heck of nice guy.
I bought a full set of Florentines then, and will be buying more.

Talk to ya later,
Jim

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
I am going to show my ignorance what is a Florentine engraver?

Sandy

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
glad they have a web site, i bought their doting punches when i first started out plus alot of books, hammers, holders, gravers. we really need to support the business that provide the needed services to our craft and keep them afloat.....

Attachments

• 100_1171.jpg
    100_1171.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 104

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I assume Jim is referring to a liner?
I have many of Ray's liners and dot punches I've used for 20 plus years and they are really great quality. On top of that, Ray is a really great guy.

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Ditto on what everybody has said about Ray. Great guy. (Brian Too....)
When I first got interested in engraving he asked how far from Connecticut I was and told me to stop by.
I did, he showed me how to use the Ngraver and some basic cuts a quick sharpening lesson and we have been friends since. Still using his tools daily.....
Keith

Last edited:

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Brian
I had thier old site bookmarked, great to see the new site is up and running:yes

catnip

I'm struggling to buy stuff over here in the UK. Also my Email facility is down. Does the Ngraver company mail to the UK. If not, is there anyone from the UK know of any dealers closer to home. I feel hamstrung at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. ...Tony.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Catnip

All the companies ship overseas.............contact them all directley via phone/e-mail/fax/courier pigeon and set up an account with your credit card details etc. I've never had a problem with any of them and always recieved my goods in a timly fashion.

Cheers
Andrew

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
I am going to show my ignorance what is a Florentine engraver?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,
Rex was right, it's just an old jewellery term for liners. The finish was/is referred to as a Florentine finish
when you cross hatch the lines.

Jim

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I too used Ray Phillips' Magnagraver in earlier times. It is a good tool especially for someone who does not have the $ for the air assisted tools. Like many others I have used many of NgraveR's other tools for many years. My brother still preferes the Magnagraver for certain tasks.

Here is a picture of my well worn Magnagraver. One night I got on a roll engraving flare cut scroll on anything I could put my hands on and this was the result.

CRB

Attachments

• Magnagraver.jpg
    Magnagraver.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 114

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I live in CT although not too close to Bozrah(but nowhere in CT can be too far). Is Ngraver a brick and mortar establishment that can be visited to check out the tools? If so, I would definitely do so at some point.

Peter

Sponsors