The Arctic Sharps

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Patchbox:

I did a sketch for the starboard panel, and then did the work.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wonderful step by step. Your scrupulous attention to detail shines through your work. Very nice job Barry.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Mike, It's finally finished, at least my part, Lee Helgeland put it together a few days ago to ship back to C. Sharps arms co. where it will be hardened and shipped to the client. Here are some pics I took before shipping :

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Interesting.

Looking at the scrolls on the individual pieces, as we did with your pictures along the way, they were just very nicely done scrolls.

But when I look at the assembled rifle, the scrolls now seem suggestive of swirling winds full of snow and ice - especially on the main side panel.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellent job Barry, Wow, what a nice sharps.

I love my sharps, but it doesn't look like that one. It is a fun gun however.

It is hard to get that fire going again, but it almost inspires me to do one myself. ................And that is fantastic when you can pass your energy on to someone else.

Am I correct in presuming the metal work was done at the factory, or was their someone else envolved in that?..... Beautiful rifle!!

Makes me want to get another one............like I really need that, right?.......... But it is an inspirational canvas.

It is interesting the things that stir the soul.

Rock on Buddy!!.....Nice job!!

Ron

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Metal work, wood work, engraving design, and execution all make this rifle one of the finest Sharps in existance. Yes Barry, I do remember you. Congratulations,you have come a long way since those days.
I hope you will take the gun to a range and fire it before you turn your master piece loose. It is a feeling you will remember always.
Joseph

longranger

I have watched this rifle since it showed up on the Shilo Forum site. Thank you for showing us this incredible firearm.
The engraving is as beautiful as rifle I am in awe.