Scroll Design

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Sure none of my engravings will end in the museum, so don’t my jewellery.

Who knows, Arnaud? But if this would happened, you'll be proud, don't you? Only one thing can top this incidence: imagine the door opens one day and a very old lady enters your bussines. On her hand a ring, an old ring. Then she tells you, it was done by your grandfather when she was a young girl in 1928. She give it to you and start telling the story of her life. Good and bad things hapened with her and her ring. That is a absolute marvelous moment - fill the ring with life. My wife was lucky to experience this a few times. I didn't have a grandfather who was a goldsmith, but i have children... :)

Kerry Bogan

One of my favorite quotes is by George Bain (I believe)
"Theory may inform, but Practice convinces"
This certainly applies to engraving!!
Kerry

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Right on Kerry,

And it is the resistance to that fact that actually slows down the time it takes to get to the end result. It really makes the whole journey measured by time, actually shorter to observe this prinical. The diligence with structure determines the quality of the result quicker. Try building a house without codes and structural knowledge. By the time you got to the end of building that house it would be all whopperjawed and things would come out helter skelter. That is a good lesson for life too.

I wager that you would end up tearing the house down and starting over, what do you think?

Or else it would not stand on its own for very long and get destroyed by the physical forces against it.

Exellent quote!!...........But then there is the impatience of human nature isn't there?

Ron S

Ron S