School Drawing project

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Guys/ Mrhte

Of course i know i'm lucky! And please i put that smiley of the and so i'm joking.. If i really does not people copying i would not post and for sure not give any tips for drawing ornament..

So for those who i did hurt their feelings and i know i did in the past.., i'm going to watch my words..Sorry

Have a nice weekend! Ciao

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
mrthe and Bram,

Both of you are writing in a foreing language and this is what happen in this situation. What may sound good for someone may hurt others.
That said, I think that Paolo's comment was, at least, inappropiate, and you Bram, have nothing to apologize for.
We are not here to "straighten" the character of nobody nor analize if he/she are lucky or not. We are here to learn and to share about engraving.
Please, excuse me for the outburst but I feel myself in the need of making this comment as a foreign language writter that I'm also.

By the way, Bram your work is stunning to say the least!

Have a great day!
Leonardo

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is funny about this forum. I have read and occasionally commented on threads from you Leonardo, Bram and Mr The Paulo and I have forgotten that you may be struggling with English. Your comments are as clear as just about any and would truly enjoy meeting you all in person and converse about engraving and a the art of design. I had forgotten that I just could not strike up a dialog. In the years I have participated there have been few conflicts and much communication. When I don't understand inside jokes or insider terms I just skip it and go on. Some comments from some members always merit paying attention. If they are clever, insightful, witty and a tad bit snarky they probably originate in West Virginia and worth a laugh at the very least and W Virginia is in my language zone in several ways. Fred

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Since the subject of language has come up, I just want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have to translate their thoughts and words into English from another language. For some, who rarely get the opportunity to speak English at home, it must require a good deal of extra effort to state your point in another language. This forum would be a lot less interesting without the contributions of our European, Asian, and South American contributors. Fortunately there are no foreigners at the Engraver's Café because the Internet is all one world.

Roger

mrthe

Leonardo is not a question of lenguage i have understand perfectly what was wrote, is true, unluckly i haven't never had the opportunity to study english at school, because in Italy in the past,if you were studying at art schools you did not have this option,for this reason i have, day after day, improve my english too, and this is very difficult for me because i speack other 3 lenguages that are not the "mine" too.
But well.....i do not consider my words inappropriates and I had not offended anyone and much less tried to change the character of anyone,just trying to give a little advice,but as the saying goes
"Rebuke a wise man and he will become wiser. Correct the fool and you'll do your enemy."

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Paolo, you are wrong. You are getting deeper in the mud and even worse with that quote.
So please, let it go. I will not answer any other comment. End of discussion.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Many times I had the feeling I should jump in on some discussions here.
But because englisch isn't my native language (and I didn't learned a lot at school about the englisch language) this makes me aware of the lack to express my words fully in the right way and i'd stayed out of it.g
I think we " foreigners" can't always hide behind the excuse of knowing to less of the language.
If we " foreigners" write something down and we are not sure of the interpretation of those words we shouldn't write it or take some more time to use the dictionary.
And because the use of a dictionary is so time consuming I rather take the choiche to keep quiet then.
Especialy when the topic has become a sensitive atmosphere I prefere the side line and just listening.

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Wow Bram, that's amazing!! I tried to draw a human face this week but that didn't work out:-(
I see i can learn a lot from you, so i hope to meet you next month!!
Greetings,
Tim.

Latest posts

Sponsors