School Drawing project

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Helo

This year we had to do a drawing project drawing the 3 faces of a gun them was Mythology. 2 of the 3 scenes are based on paintings of Waterhouse and Bouguereau.
The ornament i composed is a mix of Louis XIV and XVI. I is al drawn by hand with a HB a B an a 2B pencil. Paper format A4. Normally i would draw bigger but we had no choice. I'll start with some sketches. You see the evolution in the beginning my scenes and persons are not good later they get a bit better. The problem we don't have anatomy lessons. So it was a lot trying and searching.
And for those who are these pathetic copy masters. You don't **** with me^^:cool:

Enjoy!!

The first side

The second side

The Third side plus accessories (In french Capucine and Calot)

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bram,

Your exercise illustrates the great gap between school trained gun engravers in Europe and what passes for an engraving school in the USA. I hope that some day Lebeau Courally allows you to execute your splendid design.

Cordialement,
Roger

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Guys!!

@ Andrew, i don't know if that is you way of working "google images and tracing paper"? But for the first scene (side one) i used tracing paper result flat and lifeless.. The last 2; side 2 and 3 i did not use tracing paper ore anything like that just studied a lot perspective..

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
bram your a true artist and it's a joy to see your beautiful drawings,keep up the good work.:thumbsup: J.J.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Fantastic work, Bram!! Every engraver in America should take note of this. Thanks for sharing your artistry with the Cafe.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
First off Bram, EXCELLENT DESIGN. first rate. :tiphat:

Why it’s that curtain types of engraving i.e. European / Italian / Belgium / French and English of coarse just OOOOOZE style , design , class, elegance, culture , superiority, intricacy , refinement , splendor , grace not to mention skill and talent of the Artist / engraver that is often lacking in other parts of the world, This isn’t to say that there are some very skilled artists elsewhere in the world but so often we see a design that looks a bit like some Japanese’s vine weed being fobbed off as good design and people will rave about it yet Bram has shown just how much work goes into creating a very elegant and balanced design so is it less is more or the more you put the more one can charge. :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts on this?
Ray

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellent looking! And don't worry about the copiers - I doubt any of them could cut this well enough for anyone to ever realize it was an attempt to copy your design. ;)

mrthe

Congratulations good job, but .... so good you think you're ,that always so afraid someone will copy you?
Sorry but I think from time to time have a little humility would be good, not everyone is lucky enough to get a school like the one you're studying and everyone learns as he can, so it does not seem right to call them pathetic.

Latest posts

Sponsors