Rolex Daytona engraving.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Hi folks,

Not had much chance to hang out here in a while, as I've been a little busy. :)
However, here's a Rolex Daytona which I recently completed. Really enjoyed engraving this one.

Happy weekend to you all! ;)

Thanks for looking!

Jo

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Jo. That is a real beauty. That is a lot of tiny scroll work. Wonderful shading and design. Thanks for sharing your work. Fred

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jo,
I gotta ask. Is the surprised leaf man above and below the rose a bit of fun on your part or an accident of my perception?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
being a sort of blabbermouth, i'm seldom at a loss for words ! perhaps indescribably beautiful will work !

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Can you tell us a bit more about the process Jo, how do you come to a design and how on earth do you transfer this to the watch.
Or do you draw directly your design on the watch, this must be very difficult with such a complex design.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the great comments guys.

Willem, I suspect my technique is pretty similar to quite a few members here, mostly because this is where I picked up a lot of the information. :)

I tend to design for the watch back first (my favourite bit), then the rest of the watch design is based around that.

Transferring is fairly tricky, based on the size and shape of the watches. Some bits I need to do freehand, but when and where I can transfer, I definitely do. (I'm afraid I'm not too brave!) :)

Jo

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Joanne you've really added value to this Rolex and your designs are KILLER... I started engraving an omega seasmaster about 2.5 years ago. 3 series stainless isn't my fave to cut. ONe day I'll finish it.... Or maybe I'll send it to you to finish :)

Awesome job!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
One of the best watch engravings I've ever seen. Congratulations Jo! Fabulous work.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
The wearer of that beautifully done bit of BLING has something to be real proud of. Great job every piece flows together.

Eric

Latest posts

Sponsors