Announcement: Review of California air ultra quiet air compressor

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here it is some of you might already own one and for those of you who do not and spending 1200 bucks on a compressor is out of the question. This is your answer! I love it ! There have been some reviews on amazon that state that some of the connections are cheap but I dont mind Id rather spend some 10 extra bucks on a good connection than 1200 on a compressor. Now guys behave Im not saying its better than yours but I have more money left over for beer! Thats for sure!

Thanks for looking.
http://youtu.be/ZZryRKHrCKc

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
air compressor

Carlos, That is a very quiet air compressor, and the price is right. Thanks for sharing your find with the forum.:thumbsup: J.J.

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos, thank you for the review, I have been looking at one of their compressors for a few months as a quiet, and cheeper alternative to the 60gal/7,1/2 hp roaring monster that I use now.
I'm going to have to take another look at them. :thinking:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nice review Carlos. For that price it's pretty hard to resist, and it surely is quiet.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Justin f.y.i Home Depot also sells their products the only issue if you can't find it locally they have to ship it to you but I don't know about their return process I like Amazon the return process is so easy just make sure you buy from Amazon because there are third party sellers on Amazon

Also while searching the compressors not all of them are considered ultra-quiet some say quiet and some say ultra quiet mine is the ultra quiet... They are US-based company you can find them online and give him a call

Carlos De La O III

krisf

Just ordered mine from homeo depot, $$194 free shipping to door, California Air Tools 1.6-Gal. 1 HP Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free Aluminum Tank Air Compressor
Model # 1610A Internet # 202977397

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We were just talking about buying one of these for the shop today when lo and behold you put up a review. Thanks Carlos. This seems to be the first Oil Free alternative to the Sil Air and the like. Makes my day!!

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
I need to get one as well . My little silent air wont run my nsk for very long at all before I get ahead of it.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We are planning on ordering the 10 gallon on Monday. We have 3 GRS Gravermachs and the like running in our shop. 2 at a time is usually the max. I'll be sure and post a review of how it handles the load. At $450 bucks, if it does the job, you can't beat the price.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos,

Very good tip, and clear video, thanks for taking the time to let us know about this compressor. I love my Silaire, but paid more than three times the price of this compressor you recommend.

Best

Rod

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One year... But just an f.y.i you can purchase stuff online and register it with SquareTrade in you can add up to four more years of warranty

Carlos De La O III

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We are planning on ordering the 10 gallon on Monday. We have 3 GRS Gravermachs and the like running in our shop. 2 at a time is usually the max. I'll be sure and post a review of how it handles the load. At $450 bucks, if it does the job, you can't beat the price.

The one for 450 I don't think its the ultra quiet one (but I could be wrong) if you go to the website the same size ultra-quiet I think is 900 I could be mistaken but call the company first

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Which model would I need to get to be able to run/keep up with a NSK PRESTO??? I'm going to be staying in a studio apartment up in Washington state for the next year and need a super quiet unit.....

Donny

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The model that I show in the video stays up with mine it will just turn on with more frequency to recharge the tank

Carlos De La O III

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Air turbines consume a lot more air than pneumatic handpieces. If you use the Presto for extended periods you really need a compressor that'll keep up without the thermal overload kicking in. I only use mine with my Sil-Air compressor for a few minutes at a time.

Latest posts

Sponsors