Announcement: Retirement: I really did it!

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I really did it this time!....guess I'll have to change my avatar....

Last Friday was the day...I retired from the San Antonio Fire Department after 27+ years of service! in addition to a few service benefits, I left with three bulging discs in my lower back, a messed up knee, a titanium plate in my neck and my (warped) sense of humor!! It's a really tough job & my hat is off to all first responders...stay safe! On the other hand, it gave me a lot of time off for family and for practicing the art of engraving!!!

Now I can be a real "full-time" engraver...YIPPEE!!:banana:

Weldon

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congrats Weldon.

Only problem is you will now find out yu are having too much fun playing around and work will take a second place. Enjoy the good times to come
Marty

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Congratssssss!!!!

I am looking forward to my retirement (3 yrs 8 months FAA Air Traffic Control). The extra time to be with the wife, Grand children and my gravers :) is gonna be a blast!

I wish you a Great retirement!!! You do realize though once your clients find out you have extra time on your hands they are gonna start lining up to fill that void with projects for you to do:)

Donny

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
We are happy for you and your family, you have earned your retirement.
That is great that they allowed you to take your ______"my (warped) sense of humor!!"____with you.
Thanks for your service,
Mark

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations,Weldon! But you'll soon find out, just like I did, that retirement means you don't get your weekends off anymore...:cool:

And then you'll become self-employed and find out your new boss is a jerk...:)

Best Times,

Tom

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Weldon...... Congratulations

I did 11 years as a Firefighter and 13 as a Cop. You will go through withdrawals for a short time (not being in the loop) but it goes away fast.

Again.... Congratulations, now go have fun.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon,
Retirement is great. I did it two years ago. My wife had a list of things for me to do on the day after I pulled the plug.:rolleyes: I told her that I retired and didnot go to work for her. Anyway it sounded good when I said it. :confused: She did not smile just continued to add to the list. Enjoy your retirement.:clapping: :tiphat:
Sandy

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Kiwi!!

I have actually had dueling careers for a long time now...the firefighting shift schedule (24 on, 48 off) allowed me to put in 40+ hours at the bench and work a 56 hour week firefighting.

Now I plan to get a little more engraving done and be a lot less tired!

Thanks to all,

Weldon

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wonder what I will do if I ever retire after 30 some odd yrs engraving?? Train bird dogs, fly fishing,visit the worlds greatest museums ect... I wish you the best retirement and enjoy engraving from now on until you are content!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Weldon,Congratulation you'll be loving life,I retired 11 years ago and never looked back I had no regrets and no withdrawals.J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors