Preview

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What a pleasure to see! Thanks for posting this, and thanks for answering everyone's questions. Seth

Vitello

WoW, Very nice,,,someone is one lucky fella to be the owner of such an amazing work of art,,,,can't wait to see more

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mr. Phil, please explain why the final polishing of gold work is completed after hardening. I suspect the reason might be because you are using different colored gold & some of it will change color after being heated. Thanks for showing us pictures of your superb work !
Ken, the reason for finishing the goldwork after hardening is nothing to do with any change of colour, it's to do with damage to the gold by something touching it or carelessness by someone during hardening.
Phil, while watching this small piece of your work, this question came up to my mind: when you do the design, do you have all the work that would be needed already calculated? I ask, because you said so - "five more to go". This is great as i can't imagine it.
The gold on the ground is neat, brings up the design even more.
Like the others i am looking forward to Christmas :)
Mario,
I only design the action on paper, all the other parts are draw on in the vise.
I'm hoping to get it done a little sooner, but with this gun I have to arrange the hardening etc which also takes time, sending it back and for to America is not really an option.

Phil

Phil

Last edited:

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Oh yes, of course - as a layperson i have only the beautiful work in my head and didn't thought about the other steps. Thank you, Phil.

ARM2

MAESTRO PHIL
This is beautiful work indeed.
Eye-candy at its best !!!
Just a couple of questions though, please..... what is that stuff on the wood on which the piece is mounted ???
Would that be the equivalent of THERMO LOK from GRS ???
Then again, would the Gold inlay be done first or the Carving ???
Regret bothering You with these silly questions.
Thanks in anticipation.
Kindest Regards
aRM2

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not so silly questions.

The stuff holding the work is Araldite, and apoxy resin.

The gold is put in after the carving.

Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors