Out of cave

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Westley Richards is one of the oldest and most prestigious gun companies, founded in 1812. I have had the pleasure of examining some of their finest engraved pieces and have images of many more in my archive. It is only my opinion but I think that Paul's work on these guns exceeds anything ever done in the 200 year history of the Westley Richards brand.

If you look closely at the screws holding the bottom metal to the stock of the bolt action rifle, you will notice that each is a small work of art exquisitely chiseled.

Bravo, Paul :clapping::clapping::clapping:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow. :shock:

Both are great but the tiger hunting gun is outstanding. And is that second, smaller elephant in green gold?

:tiphat:

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Wow. :shock:

And is that second, smaller elephant in green gold?

:tiphat:
The Gold is green, there are Copper, fine Silver and 24K Gold in this small elephant. The big elephants are of 22K Gold, Palladium and Shakudo for the faces.

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
Amazing work Paul. I love the gargoyle that you did for the release arm on the double barrel, and the lions head on the bolt action of the rifle is also amazing. It inspires me to try to learn to carve like that. As I was telling some friends I was showing it to, I hope one day to be even half as good as you are. It is amazing.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul,

I remember our conversation, some years ago, talking about the struggle to find tools to work with in early days of poverty, you said you had to make your own jeweler's saw blades, cutting each tooth by hand. What a journey your life's work has been to the splendor of this fine piece! I particularly like the high resolution available using Dropbox.

best wishes!

Rod

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul, it is great to see some more of your work. I have been a great admirer of your work for many years and am inspired whenever I see it. Hope to see you again down the road.