Open letter to John..........

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Hello John B,
I have no doubt that you could author a book overflowing with tips and helps, and I also think it would be the kind of book that would be laced with many anecdotes and stories of your travels and friendships. For me it would definitely be a 'must buy'.
Thank you so much for the small gravers that you made for me, and I do hope to have the priviledge of meeting you someday.
You do so enrich this wonderful forum of Sam's.
gail.m

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thank you for your kind words, Miss Gail and the Little Torch you sent me.
I hope to meet you too, someday.
Sam and Abigail's forum enrich us all with it's wonderful artistry, pictures and tutorials.
And all the friendships we make here and with many people of good will like you we have yet to meet.
Best.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
I believe that as we get older we learn to appreciate and cherish the friendships we've built over time. As Mark Twain said of friendships: "those built upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides."

Sam, thank you.
That is one of the central things I reflect upon at Thanksgiving.
Like you I believe friendships are pricless.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
John,
I just returned home for Thanksgiving Day and I need to chime in here to thank you for your kind advice when we met at Reno and just for being who you are.

I also need to thank Rex and Sam and everyone I have met through this site and at Emporia, at Reno, at Scott Pilkington's, at Mike Dubber's and at Ray Cover's studios for sharing their time and talent.
Mike Fennell

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you, Peter E. I look forward to meeting you too.
Is Canton near Bozrah, CT and have you met Ray Phillips of Ngraver?
There is one talented guy with a long history in engraving.

Best.

John - Although CT is a small state, Bozrah is not too close to Canton. I guess that is a relative term however. It is probably around an hour (50 miles) away.

Some time back, there was a thread about NGraver and Mr. Phillips graciously extended an invitation to stop by so I could actually see tools prior to ordering them. I will have to make an effort to do so. I have not met him as yet, but it would be a pleasure to.

Thanks