Ngraver Company?

Germaine09

I am so sorry to hear that your mother has passed.........And that Ray has Alzheimers. That is very sad to hear.

I have very fond memories of Ray at the FEGA shows. He had a real love of the art of engraving and tools. He was always great company and a great sense of humour and had a real twinkle in his eye.

Cheers
Andrew
Thank you Andrew….your words are so comforting. To me, my dad could do anything ! I’m finding little scraps of paper from decades ago with his practice scrolls and doodling on them.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm happy you chose to join us on the Cafe, glad to put you in touch Leslie.
And deeply sorry for the loss of your dear mother.
Ray has so many friends here, it's wonderful to welcome his daughter to this forum.
Your Dad is a legendry figure, a friend, mentor and tool supplier to so many in the engraving community.
I have had the honor to be one of his many friends over the years.
And I know there are many who would love to buy some of his great tools and supplies.
They have had a contact problem recently. Wonderful and kind of you to offer to help them.

How do you suggest they contact you?
Perhaps they can send you personal messages and requests through the forum?

Germaine09

So glad to hear from you, John….I can’t tell you how much of a comfort it is to know others who cared for my dad. Thank you for reaching out, our hearts are so heavy.
My brother has his own issues but he said to contact him at: ngraver11@aol.com
and he would try and help you out. I don‘t have any products myself unfortunately except some engravers balls.
Please know how much I appreciate your kind and comforting words….it means so much to me.
Leslie

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Thank you for your reply Leslie.
And I'm sure there will be many people reaching out to Brian for tools at ngraver11@aol.com.
Many thanks for putting the word out to Brian.
Speaking for myself and many, please know that we will keep Ray and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Germaine09

Thank you John, I appreciate your thoughts more than you know.
I hope Brian will come through somewhat, theres not much more I can do in that regard.
all my best to you

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Brian is trying to "pick the ball back up" after the recent family issues. He is trying to see where the business is and what is best to do with it from here, so perhaps there may be a light at the end of the tunnel soon. He provided me with a few items a few weeks ago that were available only from them and were still in stock .

Germaine09

Good, hope you have some success. I tried to acquire a few things to pass on….will keep trying :)

pkroyer

dles added a leather pad on t
n the company to my brother years ago. He unfor
Hello….my dad, Ray Phillips passed on the company to my brother years ago. He unfortunately has dropped the ball. My dad at 95 has Alzheimer’s and we just lost our mom. I have a few floor model pantographs and some engravers balls to sell, other small items. I’d be looking for an outlet to find this stuff a home if anyone has suggestions. I can try and get you a beginner graver kit if you’re still interested. I found this group as it was just recommended by John Barracloug, a personal friend of my dads.
I have an automatic search for NGraver on eBay and when items show up, they usually sell quickly and for good money. It may be more trouble than you want to do, but you might have a family member or friend who would be able to post items on eBay for you.

Germaine09

I have an automatic search for NGraver on eBay and when items show up, they usually sell quickly and for good money. It may be more trouble than you want to do, but you might have a family member or friend who would be able to post items on eBay for you.
That’s good to know. I’m a retired nurse but have sold on eBay for the last 17 years to supplement my income. My kids use to say, “don’t put anything down or mom will sell it!”
I have sold a couple of handpieces over the years on eBay and will put some more out there in the next couple of months. I’ll go through the rest of the machine shop and see if I can unearth any other items although I think my brother has gotten most everything at his house.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
That’s good to know. I’m a retired nurse but have sold on eBay for the last 17 years to supplement my income. My kids use to say, “don’t put anything down or mom will sell it!”
I have sold a couple of handpieces over the years on eBay and will put some more out there in the next couple of months. I’ll go through the rest of the machine shop and see if I can unearth any other items although I think my brother has gotten most everything at his house.
The FOR SALE area of engraverscafe.com is a great place to sell anything you have. You do have to be a contributing member of the site to post on that part of it, but the cost is little. Posting on engraver sites may get you a quicker and better response. Facebook has three sites of interest to engravers. Engravers Notebook, Engraving Bench, and Engraving and Jewelry tools. The latter primarily promotes one manufacturer's tools, but it also has lots of used/new engraver tools and equipment for sale, including ball vices.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Condolences to the Phillips family on the loss of their Mother..sorry to hear about Ray who I met many years ago at a gun show in PA. I did business with him for many years & he made some wonderful tools.

Germaine09

Condolences to the Phillips family on the loss of their Mother..sorry to hear about Ray who I met many years ago at a gun show in PA. I did business with him for many years & he made some wonderful tools.
Thank you, JJ….your thoughts are very much appreciated

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. And Ray is a very fine fellow indeed. At 95 I'd say he's had a damn good run thus far. If you'll email me (alfano@gmail.com) a list of tools, prices, and contact info, I will spread the word on various forums and help you sell your tools.

Germaine09

I'm very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. And Ray is a very fine fellow indeed. At 95 I'd say he's had a damn good run thus far. If you'll email me (alfano@gmail.com) a list of tools, prices, and contact info, I will spread the word on various forums and help you sell your tools.
Thank you Sam, for your thoughts. I only have a couple engravers ball vises and the pantographs at my disposal to sell. My brother Brian had moved the business to his house years ago and has all the inventory unfortunately. His newer email was posted in this thread, not sure how much success this will bring.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
That is so kind of you Sam.
We can all be sure that Leslie, Ray's daughter, and family and friends appreciate your help.

Latest posts

Sponsors