Announcement: New video: LETTERING TECHNIQUES FOR HAND ENGRAVERS

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
DVDs just arrived and are ready for immediate shipping or INSTANT DOWNLOAD at Engraving-Videos.com

[video=youtube;gSIn5qbfzzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGg_EwRToLU&feature=plcp[/video]

Attachments

• DVDs-sm.jpg
    DVDs-sm.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 769

mrthe

Great news Sam ,thank you for this new instructional video about lettering ,is something very helpful for us! I'm sure that will be another must to have for all the engravers!

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a good one. You won't regret purchasing this, that's for sure. Sam walks you through every step of lettering. If you want to learn lettering this is way better than strugling with books.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam-- if this dvd is the one showing wriggling block letters, i'll buy it.

Sam

Staff member
Thanks Chris and others :)

Cinque: I'm not sure what you mean by locked? Many people have downloaded it so I know it's working.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Awesome! Sam: I love the crisp photography, the cover of the study illustration, and the beautiful lettering. I'm gonna get me one! I better get one while their hot! Hope you had enough made!

Sam

Staff member
Awesome! Sam: I love the crisp photography, the cover of the study illustration, and the beautiful lettering. I'm gonna get me one! I better get one while their hot! Hope you had enough made!

Gotcha covered, bro! Plenty in stock :biggrin:

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Trying to determine if I should buy the DVD or the direct download to my computer. Any thoughts on this, advantages/disadvantages?

Last edited:

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Having taught the techniques of hand engraved lettering for many years, I heartily recommend Sam's Lettering Techniques cd as an outstanding study resource for any hand engraver. Lettering has been the base of my engraving career as a working jeweler, and I can tell you that this cd will help you understand how to design, layout and engrave letters for maximum effect. Lettering skills should be at the top every engraver's list of skills.

Get this cd !!

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a question that may be obvious but I'm just curious. Sam in the demonstration you use a divider like a scribe to lay out your letters. After engraving one doesn't usually polish that diminishes the engraving. So how do you remove your scribe marks when you're finished?

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
Trying to determine if I should buy the DVD or the direct download to my computer. Any thoughts on this, advantages/disadvantages?

There only disadvantage to the download is that you will have to stream the video to your TV if you want to watch it in the living room. It's super easy to do if you have Apple TV, and there may be other ways that I'm not aware of. The advantage of the download is that you get it immediately, don't pay postage, and can easily copy it to your other computers and your iPad or iPhone, and you will have access to it when you change computers or a hard drive crashes, etc.

Sam

Staff member

There only disadvantage to the download is that you will have to stream the video to your TV if you want to watch it in the living room. It's super easy to do if you have Apple TV, and there may be other ways that I'm not aware of. The advantage of the download is that you get it immediately, don't pay postage, and can easily copy it to your other computers and your iPad or iPhone, and you will have access to it when you change computers or a hard drive crashes, etc.

Sam

Staff member
Having taught the techniques of hand engraved lettering for many years, I heartily recommend Sam's Lettering Techniques cd as an outstanding study resource for any hand engraver. Lettering has been the base of my engraving career as a working jeweler, and I can tell you that this cd will help you understand how to design, layout and engrave letters for maximum effect. Lettering skills should be at the top every engraver's list of skills.

Get this cd !!

Thank you Mike!

Sam

Staff member
I have a question that may be obvious but I'm just curious. Sam in the demonstration you use a divider like a scribe to lay out your letters. After engraving one doesn't usually polish that diminishes the engraving. So how do you remove your scribe marks when you're finished?

If you're referring to marking device, it's one I copied from E.C. Prudhomme years ago. It has a brass pin that lightly marks the metal without scratching. Any remaining marks can normally be polished out with a polishing cloth. I should add that when teaching a class or making a video, I tend to mark a bit heavier so that it can be seen on the classroom monitor or on the recorded video.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the explanation Saw. I always used a compass with a pencil on the end. That's why I asked. Where do you get these brass pins and how do you attach them?

Sponsors