New driver

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well my boy FINALLY learned to drive. He's 10. Very handy for me because he follows me out to the field. Good times.

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I keep the miller chill in the cooler in the truck. I need it now as the wind blew the hay. Now I must rake at 3 am. Too dry now.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You screwed up Leonard. The kid needs to be in the tractor raking and you guarding the pickup and the stack, because that hay is going to be like gold this year. I hope you have a lot of it. Everyone I know that was selling last year is buying this year. Bone dry, 3 hard frosts, and nothing but knapweed grew around here.

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
That's too funny, and a great way to grow up. I learned to drive on a ford 4000 tractor and some kind of big ole IH one ton truck pulling a hay wagon. Different days.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My boy had his first tractor driving on my 8N. Hay is like gold if you are buying it and fools gold if you are selling it. Seth I may have a few hundred grass/ alfalfa 72" rounds to spare. I am building them right now. I am trying to get done so that I can go to your hometown on Saturday. A friend of mine that grew up there is going to be there. It might happen if I can get done. I have been going for 28 hours with no end in sight. Livin the dream.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Crazy bugger. You had to have gotten too dry today. Miserable hot and dry forecast for the rest of the week here. We have some irrigated ground so we have enough hay, but will pass it on that you have hay if you want. I would buy you some cold ones, but I'm going to be in Missoula this weekend. Have fun if you can stay awake for it.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Be easier to do than at Conrad you heathen. Better get back out there tonight starting to cool off already. It's already down to 85. Is your friend part of the class reunion? Class of holy smokes a long time ago?

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Heathen? I will take that as a compliment He is class of 82. Dry? Isn't that a relative question? You don't want the bales to spoil do you? Tractor is fueled up. A shot of grease and a couple balls of twine and it is good to go.

Last edited:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yeah Shawn, going with my folks to Josh's hammerin. I'll see you there. Lots of cool stuff and good people to see there and I have a couple friends from college to visit while I am there. Leonard, what, no net wrap? Figured you would go for the quick bale. So it's only too dry when the pile of leaves sitting next to each bale is a half a foot deep? Oh yeah, heathen is always a compliment when it comes from me, but you knew that already.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You make a me laugh, Canteen Boy. Now that you put it that way, I did make a few dry bales today. I am going to make a few more before it gets tough. For you non farmers reading this, net wrap is modern technology like air assist engraving. It does a nice fast job, but you pay for it in cash.

Last edited:

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Is there much hay for sale in your area? I live 200 miles south of Sheridan and they are hauling hay to here from way up in North Dakota. It's costing way more for trucking than the hay. They're telling me $185 a ton delivered and I don't know how good of hay it is.

Ken

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ken, tons of good hay here. Call Watt and Stewart trucking in Claresholm Alberta to find out the freight charges. Nobody around me has sold hay so I don't know what the prices are but I would think that 125$/ton would buy alot of hay. Last year I shipped hay to Kansas and it cost 2400$ shipping. That was 1700 miles.

fjkratky

We got exactly half the bales we did last year off of our field. The guys who were going to bale on CRP after the 15th are going to call it quits as the hay will be beyond dry on those fields. Fixing fence yesterday, and it was like driving those metal posts through concrete the ground is
so dry and hard.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Haraga, from the moment you started this tread, I was searching for an engraving on that car. Just to find out the relevance with engraving. ;)
And yes, today I found it. :biggrin:
It is your son who will do the engraving by cutting the sides of the car while hitting some rocks on his way.
So show us the car once finished and shaded.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors