Meiji microscopes

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Elk, i,ve been using a nikon smz-2b with a ring light for about 5 years, everything is bright and clear looking at my work., it allows me about 5 inches of working distance..i brought it used on ebay...

elkinssilver

nikon scope

Thanks for the info Bill. I spotted a couple of nikon and one leica on e-bay. I'm just getting started on the look. When i get my funds I will get a little more serious. Many thanks for the input.

Elk

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I need a cam for my MZ-8tr, something thats easy to digitize and edit with my PC. Sam, I heard you have some knowledge on this subject, any suggestions? Thanx, B

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry,

The microscope store .com sells an array of cameras, you might browse them and they are extremely helpful.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Barry: I use a 1/2" CCD camera like the ones in the GRS classroom. Those are no longer available and have been replaced with smaller size (physical size, not chip) digital models which are really bad. The new models blow out highlights and just plain suck. I'm sure there's a new 1/2" ccd that doesn't do this, but I don't know where to send you.

For taping with a CCD camera I use a commercial grade Sony DSR-11 DVCAM tape deck, Mackie mixer, and various mics. CCD cameras have no recording or audio capabilities.

For non-closeup video I shoot 3-CCD Sony VX2100.

JoeCera

Elite Cafe Member
Baryy I believe I have the camera your looking for.
I bought it from GRS Like Sam was saying. I had it
on my old meije I have not used it much .I can take some pictures if you would like.
Joe Cera