Marius Mellebye - EngraverHand Designs and Artwork

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Aww.. now you're just showing off. You even have a place to put the colored tabs that Steve Lindsay sends with an order. So where can I get one? :0)

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Aww.. now you're just showing off. You even have a place to put the colored tabs that Steve Lindsay sends with an order. So where can I get one? :0)
Hehe well, I’m quite happy with it so a little show of doesn’t hurt? :)

The little room for the beads was the only space I didn’t have any plans for, but since I have some I unsharpened blanks it works..

Anyway I’ve been considering to make up a few but this one is made to fit my tools with exact measurements (except that beads room). Obviously the space for gravers and quick changes would fit all, but we all have different preferences for what we use most and how many we have/use/need.. so I’m not sure what would be a good universal tool holder that could fit most people.

I only have 4 quick change that I use for angle gravers for the collet nose, but I’ve seen others only use QC collets.. and have loads..

Also what angles we use would be different..

I could do some custom orders I guess, but that would be more work and of course more expensive :)

I made mine of all leather as I had some leather from a super yacht laying around, but I could make the bottom part in wood and only have the top layer in leather and still look good.. I think :)

also not really sure what I could charge for one or what people would be willing to pay.. or if any interested at all, except a few :)

I tried some Interested yes/no polls on my instagram a few times and with 95% yes it’s still not really when the product is done :)

So I’m really not sure it’s worth it.. :)

allan621

Its not worth it. The problem with taking orders for this is that it takes away the time you should spend with your engraving work. When I started to engrave I would try to pick up some extra money doing machine engraving and helping a diamond setter with finishing pave work once the stones were set. The engraver teaching me took me aside and pointed out that any time I spent away from my engraving block was time lost forever.

He told me I was losing focus on getting my lettering to the point I would be happy with it. So it took me 40 years but whose counting. ;)

Allan

Attachments

• IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 55

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Its not worth it. The problem with taking orders for this is that it takes away the time you should spend with your engraving work. When I started to engrave I would try to pick up some extra money doing machine engraving and helping a diamond setter with finishing pave work once the stones were set. The engraver teaching me took me aside and pointed out that any time I spent away from my engraving block was time lost forever.

He told me I was losing focus on getting my lettering to the point I would be happy with it. So it took me 40 years but whose counting. ;)

Allan
Good point Allan! :) It was more something I could fiddle with at evenings as I don't watch TV anyway and the laser can work and cut out parts for the stand while I draw or engrave.. but still not sure to bother as I would not expect big sales.. :)

If someone really wants one and pay for the time, I have the file and can just press start and I can do other things while it cuts out. But it would have to be an order before I even start.. :)

I´m spending as much time as I can at the bench, but don´t have a setup at home, at least not yet, unfortunately. Thanks for your input! :) Appreciated!

lisandros

Vivo en España, pero realmente no hablo bien español... de todos modos, supongo que preguntaste qué grabador estaba usando. Principalmente para acero inoxidable, estoy usando M48. No es tan duro como el carbalto, pero sí mucho menos quebradizo. Me refiero a hacer un pequeño retoque y casi nunca se rompe la punta :) ¡Están geniales!
Muchas gracias

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
I love any rainy day when no need to go outside the house, just playing.. a little something to try to learn a little more about light and shading.. maybe over the top but quite fun and relaxing :) for me anyway.. drawing humans is not my strong side, so a silhouette will have to do.. if I actually needed it at all, but it was how it was going.. :)

EngraverHand Rainy day1.jpg EngraverHand Rainy day2.JPG EngraverHand Rainy day3.JPG EngraverHand Rainy day4.JPG

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
New to a few things in this project..
First I finally got to experiment a little more with my XTool D1 Pro 20W laser.

Works great for transferring on steel, copper and aluminum with the infrared head with thin and clear lines. Still need to try on brass and silver..

So what’s better start using the beast of a Cavillin rolling mill, rolling out some copper plated steel for some guitar pick designs.

I have never played with a metal pick before either, so it will be a another new experience..
If not the first time, it’s not more than the second time using a jeweller saw.. and the one I got is a little funky. It shows, but I got to cut it out and placed the fresh guitar pick in thermoplastic, ready for some engraving..

This is not the type of music I normally write, but testing out a feedback plugin from Softube and it’s freakin awesome and inspired me to pick up the guitar and write a couple of new soundtracks… last track recorded with the steel pick and first time playing with feedback..

So here it is.. the copper plated steel pick with feedback...

IMG_4580.JPG IMG_4582.JPG

And a little video.. it´s a "short" so not sure it´s working.

Reactions: Sam

allan621

The first photo. I had to look at it twice to make sure the upper scroll had not been actually deep carved into the metal. Kind of amazing. Took me back to my high school art class. Trump l'oiel. I've seen it recently in you tube videos but not like this. Awesome.

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
The first photo. I had to look at it twice to make sure the upper scroll had not been actually deep carved into the metal. Kind of amazing. Took me back to my high school art class. Trump l'oiel. I've seen it recently in you tube videos but not like this. Awesome.
Thanks a lot! :) No it´s not carved out, just tight lines.. I wasn't sure if it became too dark but it changes a little with the light.. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors