Magnification Part Two

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are what my lenses looked like. See my previous, now edited post for working distances for these.

Attachments

• IMG_1866.jpg
    IMG_1866.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1865.jpg
    IMG_1865.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 85

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Tim Thanks for all the work you went through.....Would you measure the od on the thread of the 200 lens??.....I would like to know if it would fit my Zeiss...... How much did it cost and where does one find one???...

Bob

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I took these pics before I sold the scope. As such I can't measure it but I think it was 48mm but I can't be sure. I'll ask they fellow I sold it to if he'll measure it. I think I bought mine on ebay. Probably $100 would be in normal range. That Zeiss is sharp, bright, and clear and I wish I hadn't sold it but it went to a good home and he needed it worse than I did. I'll contact him soon.

Last edited:

midmo9236

Well I do not have $65,000 to spend o. a scope, but I am looking at a B/L. SZ. model with 45x magnification. for $499,00 how do view these scopes? You have deluxe setup, what kind of vise is that?

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Hi I think that if you research this forum you will find your answer on the B/L brand.....The B/L scope in general from my observation is a good scope for the money......I believe you will go through the same issue as I am, the scope as it sits has to be reduced in power to get some working distance under the nose....I think that B/L lens are easier to find than a zeiss....

I built all what you see, the vise jaws, the ball positioner for the vise (its filled with lead), and the turn table....The only thing I bought is the self center vise from Grizzly tools....

The turn table will be my next tool thread next week.....Thanks for your interest Bob

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
I would like to thank all the guys on this thread that helped me find a solution to my working distance.....I found a high quality Nikon .5 barlow and now I have 6 inches working distance which is perfect for me......Trying to find a 200mm Zeiss 47mm external thread is like finding chicken teeth...I think the scope is now the way it will be until I upgrade to a newer model Zeiss.....

Bob

Latest posts

Sponsors