Looking at a Sil-Air silent air compressor

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Donny

It is very simple get a decimal meter on your phone application you can find right away I would recommend turning up your radio slightly until you hit the decibel range that the California / GMC operate in then make a decision from there.

Carlos De La O III

Well I did as you said to....me coughing is louder than 68dbs!! So i turned up the tv to where i normally listen to it and that was louder than 68dbs,,,,this makes everything a harder choice but was very helpful none the less... Thank You.

Donny

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I forgot you had a GMC Barry. That's another brand now to price shop for!
Given Carlos and Barry's experience it's not too hard for me to make the decision to go with a Cal Air. The CAT- 10020 10 gallon is only $400 bucks. I would think that using a monarch, or a Lindsay handpiece, it wouldn't cycle that much and with the piston size the refill shouldn't take long. As for indoor use, It wouldn't be hard to make a baffle to surround it. We did the same with a Husky 2hp compressor in my shop and cut the noise in half. We hung double thick packing blankets from the ceiling to surround the compressor. Allowing ample room for air circulation of course.
And everything said about the air turbine handpieces is dead on. They suck air like a vacuum cleaner.
Layne

I,m getting on Amazon and pulling the trigger on a compressor Thank you everyone for your input and help.

Donny

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just a short video, shows it running while I talk.

http://www.engraverscafe.com/showth...101: air hose & California compressor running

Carlos De La O III

Latest posts

Sponsors