Ken's engrave-in

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
I've had some friends calling me about Ken's engrave-in this year.I hate to say this ,but he said " I'm getting too old for this". During the conversation's ,I stated I wouldn't be opposed to throwing some RIB's or even a Brisket (or maybe both) on the grill for everyone. Kathy (my lovely wife) and I are inviting you to our home the first weekend in May ( 3rd, 4th, and 5th) .The location will change to 4502 Riverbirch Rd.,Wilson ,NC ( Exit 121 off of I 95). Please bring drinks for yourself and maybe a couple to share with others.( no alcohol please). Bring all your engravings, artwork and anything else you would like to share. This is a great time to meet fellow engravers and see old friends. We are EXCITED to see our old friends and meet new ones, and are looking forward to any and all coming. Please e-mail Kathy at bain_kathy@hotmail.com so she can get a head count so none of you will go away hungry. We would like to block hotel rooms for you when we get an idea how many will be coming, so let us know as soon as you can. In the past, fellow engravers stayed at the same hotel so we will try hard to get you the best price.My cell number is 252-218-1295, if I don't answer ,I am at work. Kathy's ( she's really the best one to call or text for information,plans) phone number is 252-292-2583. Also in the past fellow engravers wives have sent goodies of sorts.. that is perfectly fine but certainly not expected.::welcome[1]:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's great David. I was just communicating with JJ about this and was hoping we all could get together this year. Mother's Day is the next weekend so that should be no problem. I have met several new Jewelers/engravers who have expressed interest in attending should it be scheduled so they should be coming, but it will be up to them to let you and Kathy know their plans. Mary and I are scheduled for Blowing Rock that weekend but I'll let you know if we can reschedule. Thanks for getting this up.

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
o.k. guys...Kathy here..just spent the afternoon checking on prices.. got the best deal at Jameson Inn and Suites.. $ 54.99 for a suite....full fridge, microwave, toaster, 2 flat screen TV's, 2 double beds and continental breakfast... units blocked under name BAIN. We have reserved 15 suites, some are on top floor, some on bottom floor...ask for a bottom unit if you need one.. spoke with Natasha...phone number is 252-234-7172. This is located right off of I 95 at exit 121, right behind Cracker Barrel. We actually WENT to Jameson Inn and checked everything out, very clean.. Hope to see you!!! :)

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
Hi fella's...Kathy here... just a note.. we actually went to several places to see about rooms, and little did we know that our town is hosting a very big baseball tournament the same weekend, and two of the places we priced were already booked up.. so.. if you are serious about coming and you are staying overnight please call them and make your arrangements .. I had no idea how many rooms to block but in the event we need more, we need to let Natasha know ASAP...

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Count me in guys and gals! I really missed not seeing this motley crew last year. I'll be there on Saturday if all goes as planned.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
David/Kathy...no, let me put that in the proper order.

KATHY/david, is there any chance Mr. Ken will make an appearance?

kat_hart

I'd like to put in a tentative I'll be there. Naturally will depend on child care and the like. No need to block me a room though, as I grew up in Clayton, and now live near Zebulon. Thanks Kathy and David for doing this.

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
We are going to try to get Ken Hurst here if we can.. we will go get him if need be and he can stay with us if he likes...we sure hope he will come. We will see as time draws near how he is feeling. I am sure he would like to see all of you. We are getting excited!!!...for our FAMILY reunion...:) I need a FOR SURE head count for Friday evening too.. if you are traveling a distance ,please plan to come for supper....David will be off all day on Friday so whenever you get into town, come on over.. the more the merrier!! I will probably have to work until lunch , then come home... SO GLAD YOU CAN MAKE IT.. WE HAVE MISSED YOU ALL TOO!!.. kathy

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm planning on coming, will probably come in on Friday and don't know if I will leave Saturday or stay through Sunday yet. Hope to stay the duration but can't say for sure yet.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks David. I'm really looking forward to it this year. I missed the last one and last year's was canceled, so I'm in TWO years withdrawal. May not have much for show-and-tell, but I can eat and talk real well!

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
We talked to Ken Hurst today and we will go get him on Friday morning early ,and he will be coming to the Engrave-In, and spending the weekend with us .. to enjoy all of you!!! :)... as is planned at the moment...

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
ok guys.. just wondering if you still want ribs, or something different.. didn't know if you are tired of them.. any and all suggestions welcomed! ...Kathy

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
Just heard from steve earl from mass.... He will be coming to the engrave-in and coming in on friday....kathy

Sponsors