I think I’m getting real good at this

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Sam, it was a great practice on shading and thanks to the En Set I could cut it with precision that was needed.
Of course when looking at it 24 hours later, I see some thing I could improve, bet I also see things that at first didn't look right but that does now.
Anyway, those who are interested, I have the main lines of this design in a document for downloading on Chris website.
Those who want to practice shading on this kind of Belgium design, feel free to download the PDF vector and show it, so we all can learn from each other.

arnaud

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
Yes, you are getting good. The design looks perfectly drawn. Congratulations :thumbsup:

I use a Wacom Cintiq.

Arnaud, that is breautiful work! The balance is perfect.

Sam, how do you like the Cintiq? I heard quality and reliability issues at the start and stayed away. I've had wacom for years, but I'd love the Cintiq if it holds up.
scottd.

Jeroen

Well I gave it a try, and here is the result.

I really enjoyed this shading, as the leaves aren't all that regular. Thanks for this pdf, Arnaud. And as you pointed: this is an exercise, on my own old zippo. I think I'll start smoking again now...

The photo could be better, feel free to zoom in ;)

Jeroen

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Arnaud,
Thanks for posting that design. I will print that and give it a shot. I could only hope to do half as good a job as you have, but it will be fun to try.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jeroen, don't forget to bring your Zippo next time you come to my place, I will try to make a better photo. Anyway you did a great job on the shading too. And as you said, you really enjoyed this shading, sure you learned a lot giving it a try.

arnaud

Jeroen's version on his old Zippo