I know it's spam, but I'm desperate for feedback

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
When your subject line says "I know it's SPAM, but..." you're increasing your chances for deletion. Personally, I think that's a very poor way to introduce a product.

I've been very patient with this thread because it appears that you are developing a product that I can use in my personal graphics work and that could also benefit our members. Now you say this project is on hold??? You ask for feedback but we have not seen any recent updates or examples regarding what this software can do, and the ones you have provided have been confusing...at least to me.

Please start a blog on your website and those that are interested can follow your development there, or on the CGTalk link in your previous post.

j.c.

WOW…
This really takes the cake!!,.. a guy who is obviously not overly familiar with the English language or American business for that matter; comes on here and simply asks to see if there is interest in a yet to be developed (On paper it works great) program that would make at least someof our lives easier and impove our engravings…what happens?
You guys more or less show him the door and tell him not to let it hit him on the way out!

Why?..because he hasn’t laid a working program in front of you? In what? 6 days from the day he
inquried if there IS even interest in such a program. Sheeesh!!

There was nothing confusing about his presentation, givin the fact english is not his first language.

“I have designed an application to help with wood-engraving-like shading in vector graphics format. On paper it works great , but I was hoping to see, if there was any demand for such a program, before going any further into development.â€￾

Pretty straight forward and easy to read …in English!

“To make a long story short, I need a hundred of potential customers to convince myself.
http://dore.gnom.us - I set up a simple page to count peopleâ€￾

Again pretty damn straightforward, simple and quite easy to read and understand.

Great job guys.
j.c.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Calm down JC. This thread has gotten over 900 views which ain't bad and there's nothing wrong with wanting to see more of what this does. He's received a lot of interest and encouragement. I can use software like this for my graphics work and I can probably get a ton of other illustrators interested as well. Nobody's kicking anyone out. I'll be the first one to beta test this software and buy it if it performs as expected, but then the project's put on hold. It makes more sense to blog its development as opposed to posting to a dozen forums a day. Perhaps I'm being too impatient but I don't think so.

As for his English, it's better than many of our American forum members.

p.s. There is no engr4ver listed on twitter.

Vasiliy

Scandals are good for promotion, right? :D
J.C., I can make my thread hang at the top of the list forever, so I understand Sam's point. I would have to learn the art of selling things someday, and writing a blog for a start is a good advice.

Thank you.

Maybe Twitter is slow to index new users, but it is there.

Sponsors