Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member

Rolling in money!!!

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
20 million Turkish Lira is equal to almost 10 million USD

The yearly average exchange rate of the lira was as follows:

2005 – 1 U.S. dollar = 1.29 new Turkish lira (The use of New Turkish lira, which drops 6 zeros from the currency Turkish lira, was implemented in 2005)
2010 – 1 U.S. dollar = 1.55 Turkish lira
2012 – 1 U.S. dollar = 1.80 Turkish lira (average)
2014 – 1 U.S. dollar = 2.09 Turkish lira (average)

Sam

Staff member
The guy whose money it was told me around $10USD.

Xe.com says 20,000,000.00 TRY = 8,793,110.84 USD

Something's not right here.

yakob

The guy whose money it was told me around $10USD.

Xe.com says 20,000,000.00 TRY = 8,793,110.84 USD

Something's not right here.

As DakotaDocMartin explained, Turkey government droped 6 zero

in the past the min banknote vas 5.000.000 Turkish lira but now the min banknote is 5 Turkish Lira,

Regarding to my first question, how much money do you aern in a year ?

Now I realize that it is a stupid question,

For me, the max amount that I made is 30.000 USD in a year, last year I was able to make only 22.500 USD

Last edited:

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The majority of us are probably somewhere around that figure. But I hope you got a smile out of some of the replies at least:)

Sam

Staff member
Yakob's question was a legitimate one, but in America hand engraving isn't like being a plumber, electrician, or other trade that has more of an established hourly or yearly salary. Since it's an art, the amount of money an engraver can make depends on 1.) his/her skill, 2.) marketing abilities, 3.) reputation, and 4.) demand.. Winston Churchill charges $100,000+USD for gun engraving. Others charge $10,000 and $1,000. Churchill skill and artistry and reputation are at the top and the demand for his work is great.

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
My motto has always been..."If you have the money, I'm willing to spend it".
Learned that from my Dad when we were building and remodeling peoples houses, and a good motto when being asked about your pricing.

My wife on the other hand........
She'll never be lost or kidnapped anywhere in the world. MasterCard will send a rescue team out to find her.

Dan

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
Every culture has the things they'll talk about openly and the things they won't. In US culture, we'll talk about just about every private thing- our religion, our love lives, our sexual tendencies, the function of our intestines and kidneys, our age, ... but not about how much money we make. That's like the final frontier of privacy.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Every culture has the things they'll talk about openly and the things they won't. In US culture, we'll talk about just about every private thing- our religion, our love lives, our sexual tendencies, the function of our intestines and kidneys, our age, ... but not about how much money we make. That's like the final frontier of privacy.

In the US, it's their personal debt that they really don't want to talk about.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::

That's why it's considered rude to ask a rancher how many head of cattle he has. It's like asking how much money he has in the bank. :)

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the look on people's faces when they ask how many bees we run and I tell them anywhere between 3 to 500 million. After about ten seconds of silence they ask how many were in each hive and I tell them that I don't know but every time I try to count them I always give up after the second sting.

jeness

Well, it depends on the circumstances, but I don't think there are too many cultures where most people would talk about their salary or earnings without some bad feelings. Asking about ones earnings is like asking how big his manliness is, if you start by stating yours is x cm, than the others may be more willing to tell their size however :)

Sponsors