How much do you earn in a year ?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seriously, The pay scale runs the gamete from paying hobby to doing fairly well. You should make at least what a skilled tradesman like a plumber or auto mechanic makes on up to $150 plus by the hour depending on skill level and name recognition and skill level. Some engravers only need a few jobs per year others need to work jobs back to back to get by (me). Fred

barney

just kidding. I have a small machine shop and rental property. I do the enraving for fun. like many its not my life long trade .

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
Day job is bench jeweler. I don't get as much hand engraving time at work as I would like = ( blasted New Hermes engraving machine!!! ****es me right the heck off people buy $5-$40,000 rings from us but then want machine engraved poo poo on it.. its like going to Walmart and getting hubcaps put on your new Maserati.

Andrew Biggs

Hey Brian

Are you sure you're not getting him confused with the engraver that won the big lottery. His wife asked him what she should do about all the begging letters asking for money.............he told her to keep sending them out!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
"I've seen a lot of millionaires become engravers, but I've never seen any engravers become millionaires."
-Don Glaser, the father of modern engraving.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Multi-Trillionaire!

I bought some of these so I can say I'm a Trillionaire. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, since 2009... they are worthless. :eek:

Edward Soye

Ok so I have been goldsmithing and gem setting and training in the trade for almost 25years and every year I say if I can just learn how to do this or get that piece of equipment then next year will be better....

I know I am not the only one as I have several in my neighbourhood but my question is when we all know better why is it we keep doing the job??

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
An engraver once won the lotto, when ask what he would do now he replied " well....I guess I'll keep engraving till its gone lol

Sponsors